Part 15

Kosmo eventually appeared sniffing at Lance's leg. The cut had turned nasty despite Lance cleaning it. It hadn't been long either. Whatever the... thing had done to it acted quickly.

     "Guess we should go see if that healing pod is ready don't you think?" Lance asked Kosmo patting his head lightly

     The colors behind Lance's eye lids shifted as there was a brief feeling of warmth then chill while they teleported. Lance blinked slowly noticing they were now safely in Black right besides the healing pod.

     "Good you are here!" Shiro placed a hand on Lance's shoulder looking down to his leg

     "It turned nasty quick. Not sure what it had under those fingernails but guess it was nothing good," Lance tried to shrug off looking over to Keith still in the healing pod

     "He should be out soon. He got scratched along his side. Pretty deep. Once he's out though you are in so don't go anywhere ok?"

     Lance nodded sinking besides the pod looking up at Keith.

     Overwhelming guilt flooded him. Keith got hurt because of him. The whole team was out in danger. Over what? Nothing useful probably.

     Shiro hesitated before sitting besides Lance. His gaze locked into Keith as well.

     "It wasn't your fault Lance. I can see the wheels spinning in your mind."

     "It doesn't matter. We aren't going through that again. I'm not putting the team at risk for a maybe. I've already accepted my fate. You all need to as well."

     Shiro frowned squeezing Lance's good knee

     "Look Lance, the point of a team is to have each other back. You all had mine the whole time we were dealing with Haggar's mind control. I know I was cruel to you especially. Yet you all stood right besides me the whole time. It's our turn to do that for you Lance."

     "There is nothing we can do Shiro. Unless by some miracle we can find some doctor who knows how to remove the flowers without killing me then it's hopeless. Not to mention even when they remove them I will lose memories to all those I love. Not just the one causing all... this. I wouldn't remember my family or you guys. I would never be able to experience love again either. It's almost... not worth it."

     "So you would rather just suffer with your memories rather than hoping the surgery would work?"

     Lance nodded biting his lip. Shiro's gaze changes from Keith to Lance but Lance kept looking at Keith.

     "Is there really no chance of us finding this person and seeing if you can build some feelings together?"

     Lance shook his head

     "Nope. It's too late. Not even worth the fight Shiro."

     "But it is Lance. Why can't you see that? This crew really cares for you. They are your friends. Not to mention your family is waiting for you. What are we supposed to say?"

     "I have letters ready for when-"

     "No."

     Shiro rose slightly a glint in his eye. Lance actually felt a bit of fear for the first time in awhile. A different type of fear. More... fear of disappointment.

     "We will figure this out Lance ok. We will get you home and you will tell your family all about your adventures yourself."

     Before Shiro could say anymore the pod opened. Keith slumped out into Shiro's waiting arms.