Part 4

Keith was waiting for his chance. He would see Lance dart here and there but never staying in one place very long. They were just waiting for Pidge to finish scanning the lions before heading to Earth. Back home.

Home

Man it had been awhile. The way the team seem to light up at the idea of finally going home. After all this time. Lance had started rambling in Spanish almost bouncing around Hunk once the whole idea actually came into place.

And while Keith felt that distant bit of excitement to see Earth again there was a more pressing matter.

Lance

Keith finally cornered him as he found Lance had let Kaltenecker out for some grazing time before they left. Lance sat perched on a rock set not far from her seeming to be writing in a fairly tattered blue notebook.

"What are you doing?" Keith drew Lance's attention away from the book

Lance's eyes widen slightly as he closed it a slight blush appearing on his face. He looked back down at it rubbing a thumb over a heavy crease on the front. Most likely from it being rolled a few times.

"It's nothing... just for my family," Lance muttered seeming like he was still debating on hiding it

Keith cautiously stepped forward eyeing the book. Looked like a standard blue notebook they had you use in class but with some alien writing on the front instead. Heavily tattered. Some stains or small tears like it had been through every bit of space with Lance too. So why hadn't he seen it before?

"What is it... specifically?" Keith tried again standing in front of Lance looking at the book

Lance fumbled with it slightly red

"It doesn't matter you are just going to make fun of me," he said quietly

"Says who?"

"Says every other time," Lance muttered effectively putting it behind his back

Keith sighed sitting now on the rock formation having to look up at Lance. Lance returned his gaze annoyed the typically flirty cockiness gone. Lance still hadn't forgotten the first words Keith had spoken to him right before the whole evil Lotor thing. They only had a minute after the fight when Lance insisted Keith's injuries needed attention.

     But Lance was avoiding Keith for a reason. He was mad. He had every right to be he thinks... not that it matters. Lance had tried his whole life to one up Keith. The whole rivalry where he was always second best had stuck with him here even as teammates. Even as they became best friends. It was always still there in the back of his mind haunting him.

     Then he just leaves. Leaves the team. Leaves Lance. Running around the galaxy self sacrificing himself at any possible moment. Of course he had the right to be mad.

     And now after all of this Keith suddenly decides to take an interest in him in a non competitive way? Lance just felt it was a trick... right? Or had his magical time on the stupid space whale changed him somehow.

     "I'm not leaving till you tell me," Keith firmly added eyes not wavering

     Lance gave a few minutes and sighed pulling it out from behind him. Once again running a thumb over the worn cover.

     "I may have kinda accidentally stole it... when we got Kaltenecker. Well ok maybe not stole it it may have been a part of the deal I'm not really sure I forgot to ask... but I just write in it about the stuff that happens I guess. So I can give it to them if I got back home."