Part 6

They were almost ready to leave again for the long journey home. Then Allura just had to be THAT person.

"Oh Lance! Coran! Could you come here please!"

The thought had completely left his mind. There hadn't been a tickle or cough since the small cry session with Pidge and Hunk. He thought he was in the clear. He was wrong.

"Coran if that pod we used for Shiro is still operational can we give Lance a quick scan before we leave? He's had a pesky cold and it's been a tad worrying."

It took all of Lance's might not to glare at the princess in that moment.

"No problem we can get right on that!" Coran said quickly steering Lance towards Black who still had the pod in her

     Lance began to feel himself panic. The pod would tell Coran... his secret out to even more people. He hadn't wanted Keith to know but he had to be Keith and know anyway. Coran too? He surely would say something to the others.

     "Oh hey, what are you two up to?"

     Keith!

     "We are finally getting Lance's stubborn cold checked before we leave. I'm a bit low on meds so I don't want to waste time guessing rather just know what it is!" Coran said with an odd amount of joy

     Lance took his shot sending a pleading look at Keith. Anything to keep him out. The others couldn't know. They have enough to worry about.

     "I can take him from here and let you know the results. I think Pidge had some questions she wanted to ask you before takeoff."

     Keith was an absolute God sent

     "Oh ok! Let me know what it says and I'll be sure to give it to you before we leave!"

     Relief flooded through Lance. He seriously owed Keith. He could ask for his first born at this point and he would give it to him.

     "You know it wouldn't be a bad idea to put you in and see how it all is... if it can even tell us," Keith muttered as soon as Coran was out of earshot

     "I don't want to waste your time Keith, I'm sure you have things to-"

     "They are already going to think you are in it anyway so might as well. Plus I'm ready to go already. I don't have anything to do," Keith cut Lance off before he could continue

     Lance sighed and followed Keith toward the pod. Hesitating slightly as he grabbed the pod suit. Keith was still in the room and didn't seem to intend on leaving for him to change.

     Lance felt his face redden slightly at the thought. So he kept his back to Keith while changing. Attempting to slide on the suit as quickly as possible getting a leg trapped at one point forcing him to hop around for an extra moment. But he didn't hear any laughter.

     "Is... is that the scar from saving Coran?"

     Lance felt his whole face flush as he zipped the final bit. Not ready to turn and face Keith just yet.

     "Yeah... guess you haven't really seen it since what the pool?"

     Keith fought off his own blush remembering the day.

     "It was still healing then. I thought maybe the pod was going to heal it completely. You know Altean magic stuff," Keith muttered the final half

     Lance simply shrugged finally turning around to step into the pod. He felt Keith's eyes linger a tad longer than normal sending his face into another heat. He quickly tried to shake it off and gave a deep breath as Keith shut the pod and began his work.