Chapter Thirty Two

I dreaded getting out of bed the next day. But I had to. I had Quidditch tryouts today and detention afterwards, meaning I had to be energized. I wasn't nervous for the tryouts, but I was embarrassed from last night.

Oh, the memory is horrific. I couldn't stop thinking about the embarrassment. It just replayed in my head, over and over again.

I sighed and got up out of bed to change. I grabbed a green jumper and tight jeans. I put my hair up into a ponytail, leaving the two strands of white hair down and slipped on my white socks and sneakers. On the way out of the dormitory, I grabbed the book I was currently reading.

I went down the stairs and exited the common room. I made my way out of the dungeons and up the stairs alone. I strode down the corridors alone when I finally arrived at the Great Hall.

It must've been pretty early in the morning because only a few kids were scattered at each table. When I looked at the Ravenclaw table, I saw a familiar second year. I walked over towards her today, since the only Slytherins at the table were a few seventh year girls.

I sat down next to Luna and when she noticed me, she smiled a large smile. She was wearing a colorful sweater, her hair flowing down her shoulders. Her trousers were black, but it didn't take away any of the color she wore.

"Good morning, Lila. It's a lovely morning, isn't it? It rained last night, making the air misty. I love the outside." Luna greets.

I smile as I grab a pancake and nod at her. I pour some syrup on my food. "I love the outside, too. I'm trying out for the Slytherin team today, would you like to come and watch? It's okay if you can't, no pressure."

She nods her head and drinks some Pumpkin Juice.

"Of course, I'd love to watch you tryout for the team! A girl on a team full of boys is good for a change, isn't it?" Luna asks me.

I smile at her and nod. "Yes, it is. Are you going to tryout for Quidditch?"

She shakes her head and grabs a piece of toast from in front of her.

"No. I'm not very good at Quidditch. What's that book you're reading?" Luna asks me.

She points to the book I held in my hands and I smile. I hand it to her as she starts to flip through the pages.

"Catcher in the Rye. I just started it. It's a Muggle book, one of Mother's favorites." I state.

She nods as she hands the book back to me. She then looks over at the Slytherin table and giggles slightly. I look at her confused.

"What is it, Luna?" I ask her. She looks at me and smiles, looking back at the Slytherin table.

"Draco is staring at you, Lila. I remember the kiss from last night. That was an extraordinary event, really. I can't believe you punched Pansy!" Luna exclaims.

I laugh nervously and look to where she was staring.

Indeed, Draco Malfoy was staring at me. However I don't remember seeing him come in. He was staring at me from across the Great Hall. But it wasn't an angry stare. It was just a stare. I couldn't really explain it. I shrugged it off and turned back to Luna, who was giggling.

"So you guys are dating?" Luna asks me.

My eyes go wide as I shake my head at her, denying her. "No, we are not. I didn't want to kiss him last night. And I don't know why he's staring at me. Probably glaring because he's mad about our detention tonight."

I could tell she didn't believe me, and to be honest, I don't know if I believed me either.

Wait, no. That came out wrong. I was telling the truth about not wanting to kiss him. That wasn't a lie. He almost ruined everything, almost ruined my chance with Ronald. I liked him a lot and I didn't want Malfoy to prance in and take that away.