Chapter Sixty Eight

Dear Lila,

Why are all of your responses short? Same with Hermione and Ron, even Padfoot and Sara. Are you guys all together at the Burrow? Without me? Why haven't I been invited? I got a short owl from your friend Daphne Greengrass in Slytherin. She asked if I've gotten any letters from you because apparently you haven't written her anything. Why not? What's going on? Isn't she your best friend?

Please answer,
Harry

Harry
I've been told to keep answers short and not answer to anyone else. I can't write much information incase the owl is intercepted. You know the Ministry's doing that now? Load of rubbish.
Lila

Lila,

Why can't you write longer answers and who is telling you this? It's getting a little frustrating. The Ministry's doing that? Since when? I've been watching Muggle news but it's not helpful. Waiting to see if there's any missing cases for Muggles or odd disappearances, or attacks.

Missing you guys a lot,
Harry

Harry
I miss you too. I wish I could tell you more. Hermione and Ronald feel the same and Padfoot is stressing out. And I'm frustrated too. Mother tells me it's the grief and Father says trauma. Just hang on as much as you can.
Lila

Lila,

This is infuriating. I need more information, I want more. It's not fair. I don't understand why you all get to know more than me and I don't get to know anything. And how do you know what Padfoot feels? Just tell me something.

Desperate to know more,
Harry

Harry
I'm so sorry. I barely know anything though. A little more than you, perhaps. 
Lila

Lila,

What do you know then?

Harry

Lila,

Just answer me.

Harry

Lila,

Stop ignoring my letters, it won't get you anywhere.

Harry

Lila,

Answer.

Harry

Lila

You're only making me madder.

Harry

Harry
It's more mad.
Lila

Lila,

Seriously? You're the worst.

Harry

Lila

I've just been attacked by Dementors and I might be expelled from Hogwarts. I want to know what's going on and when I'm going to get out of here.

Harry

"Harry!" I hear Hermione exclaim. "Ron, Lila, he's here, Harry's here! We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless- but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got to tell us- the Dementors! When we heard- and that Ministry hearing- it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just can't, there's provision in the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations-"