Chapter Twenty Six

I got many pats on the back from Slytherins for awarding our house two hundred points, even if we lost. I got pats on the back for getting a school award as well. The Slytherins weren't happy I closed the Chamber of Secrets, though. But I didn't expect any less.

I didn't tell anyone about being a Seer, but I did like the idea of new abilities. I was glad to be taking Divination next year, hoping to discover new Seer powers if I could.

It was the end of the year feast tonight. I was changing into my Slytherin robes in the girls dormitory alone. The other girls weren't here yet, I was a little early.

Pansy still hates me, but I think she's started to fear me, which I don't mind. Daphne congratulated me on everything, even closing the chamber. Millicent didn't say much about it since we haven't talked in like a year. Blaise also congratulated me, said it was cool having me in Slytherin. Malfoy, however, just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Lila, keep your hair down for today. It's the end of the year after all." Someone says from behind me. I turn around to see Daphne standing at the door way already dressed for the feast. She makes her way over towards me and starts to do my hair. "There, done."

"Thanks. Now come on, let's get to the feast." I say. She nods as I grab a book and we make our way to the Great Hall.

When we enter, we see the tables filled with students and food. The staff table is full except for Lockhart, who has lost his mind. Daphne and I take our seats next to Blaise and Malfoy, but only Blaise looked happy to see us. Malfoy just groaned.

Daphne started talking about something, but something caught my eye. I look at the entrance to the Great Hall and see Hermione standing there, a big smile on her face. I immediately smile as she runs to Harry and Ronald.

She hugs Harry and awkwardly shakes Ronald's hand. I wanted to go over there and say hi, but I didn't. I knew the Slytherin's would be mad, so I'd have to do it later. But she looked over at me and smiled, then waved. I smiled back instantly and waved back at her, glee coursing through my body.

"Who're you waving to?" Malfoy asks me. I look at him, who's sitting across from Daphne and I, and roll my eyes.

"Look yourself." I tell him. He scoffs and looks behind him at the Gryffindor table. He locks eyes with Hermione and gives her a scowl, returned by an eye roll. He turns back to us and gives me an angry look.

"Of course. Blood traitor is waving to the Mudblood." He says. Blaise's eyes go wide and Daphne gasps, covering her hand with her mouth. I give Malfoy a dirty look, but he just smirks. "What, did I hurt your feelings?"

Before I can reply, Dumbledore taps his glass to gather the attention of everyone in the Hall.

"Before we begin our feast, let's give a round of applause to Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake Juice has been successfully administrated to all those who had been petrified." Dumbledore announces. Everyone in the Great Hall claps, until Dumbledore raises his hands up in signal of silence.

"Also, in wake of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled." Dumbledore announces. Everyone in the Great Hall claps, but I just let out a long sigh.

I studied all year, just to get the exams cancelled?

Suddenly, the doors to the Great Hall slam open, and everyone turns to see who entered. Hagrid enters the room, glancing around nervous and embarrassed. A large grin makes my way to my face as Hagrid scratches the back of his head.

"Sorry I'm late. The owl deliverin' my release papers got all lost n' confused. Some ruddy bird named Errol." Hagrid exclaims. I knew that was Ronald's bird, so when I looked over at him, his face was red as a tomato. Hagrid then turns and faces Harry.