Chapter Seventy

I had the same dream I have been having last night, walking down a corridor and finding a locked door, waking up to my hair glowing and burning. 

It was a very messy morning, Mrs. Weasley shouting for us to hurry up, plus Mrs. Black's shouting rude terms like "BLOOD-TRAITORS! MUDBLOODS! HALF-BREEDS! HOW DARE YOU RUIN THE HOME IN WHICH MY FATHERS BUILT, HOW DARE YOU!"

We all had our trunks and cages for the train, Athena in my arms, all of us finished with breakfast as we left.

I was going to the Platform with Mrs. Weasley, Tonks, Mother, Harry, and Sirius, who was in his Animagus form as a big black dog. 

It was boring except for when Sirius chased birds and cats for fun, making Harry and I laugh. Athena quite liked Sirius, she followed him around and was playing with him, to which Sirius didn't object. 

Tonks was using her Metamorphmagus powers to transform herself as an old lady, making her unrecognizable to the Ministry as well.

It took around twenty minutes to finally reach King's Cross, and when we did, we lingered in between Platforms nine and ten before the coast was clear, running into the Platform and smoothly entering Platform 9 3/4. 

Families were saying goodbye to their children, the steam of the train and the whistle of the engine sounding like home.

"I hope the others make it in time." Mrs. Weasley says anxiously.

"Nice dog, Harry!" Lee Jordan greets. 

"Thanks, Lee!" Harry calls back, grinning, Sirius wagging his tail.

"Oh, good." Mrs. Weasley sighs, relieved. "Here's Alastor with the luggage, look."

Moody walked towards us, carrying all of our trunks.

"All okay." He mutters to Tonks, Mother, and Mrs. Weasley. "Don't think we were followed."

Then Mr. Weasley, Hermione, and Ronald appeared on the Platform, soon followed by Remus, Fred, George, and Ginny.

"No trouble?" Moody growls.

"Nothing." Remus confirms.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore." Moody says. "That's the second time he's not turned up this week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

"Well, look after yourselves." Remus tells us, shaking our hands, beaming when he reaches me. "You too. Be careful."

"Yeah, keep your head down and your eyes peeled." Moody tells Harry and I, shaking our hands as well. "And don't forget, all of you- careful what you put in writing. If in doubt, don't put it in a letter at all." 

"It's been great meeting all of you." Tonks says, giving me a hug, followed by one for Ginny and Hermione. "We'll see you soon, I expect."

The train made a whistle.

"Quick, quick." Mrs. Weasley says distractedly, hugging each of us. "Write, be good... if you've forgotten anything we'll send it on... on the train now, hurry."

I hug Mother, who hugs Harry as well, smiling softly.

"Be good and careful." She whispers to us. "If you need to talk to me, write and say to meet at Hogsmeade."

We nod as she sighs and we enter the train, me parting from my friends so I can go and meet with Daphne, Blaise, and- hopefully not- Malfoy. 

I passed by many compartments, earning odd looks from people as I walk by, including stares and curious looks, gestures to my hair and pointing at me for their friends to look. I tried to ignore it.