Chapter Eighteen

It was the first day of classes. Harry and Ronald, the troublemakers they are, have already gotten detention. They flew into the Whomping Willow in a car. I'd say that they're lucky detention is all they got.

I wake up the next day, first morning back in my school dormitory. I see Pansy and Millicent are still sleeping, but Daphne is awake and sitting at her vanity. She's doing her hair and makeup, making sure everything is perfect for our first day.

"I'm happy Astoria got into Slytherin, she wouldn't have done good in any other house." Daphne says while we're both getting ready. I put on my Slytherin uniform and make my way over to my vanity so I can get ready.

"I'm happy she got into Slytherin, too. She's like my little sister." I tell Daphne, receiving a look. "You're like my sister too, Daphne. I just always knew you'd be in Slytherin."

She smiles softly at my statement, and finally finishes her hair and makes her way over to me. She takes the brush from my hand and starts to do my hair.

"So, let's talk about Malfoy." She says. I furrow my brows at her.

"What?" I question. "Why?"

"He clearly fancies you!" She exclaims, scoffing. "Come on, you'd have to be blind to not see it."

"Um, no. He does not fancy me. And I don't even like him, like, at all. He can fancy me all he wants- which he doesn't- but he should know I'm not interested in him." I explain. Daphne lets out a disappointed sigh as she starts to braid my hair, leaving the two white strands down.

"It's just... you two would be so good together, you know? And I know you like that Gryffindor-" She starts, but I quickly cut her off.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Which Gryffindor?" I ask her confused. She smirks slightly.

"Oh come on, you think I haven't noticed? I'm talking about that Weasley kid, duh." She says, making me blush a large amount. "I see the way you look at him, it's like you're in love."

"I'm not in love, it's just a crush." I tell her and she smirks.

"Why can't you like Malfoy, though?" She asks me. I roll my eyes and put my hands on the table and start fidgeting with my fingers.

"Well for starters, he's very prejudice against Muggle-borns and Muggles, which isn't fair since they can't control it. He bullies people for fun and doesn't even care about it. He's selfish. He doesn't care if he hurts others, he just does what benefits himself. He thinks he's better than everyone else just because he's Pureblood."

Daphne looks at me for a few moments, and then goes back to doing my hair and makeup. "Okay, now I understand. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into it." Daphne says. I scoff and let out a chuckle.

"No, not really. I don't give Malfoy much thought. It just came to the top of my head." I tell her. She nods.

She finishes my hair and makeup and I look at myself in the mirror. It was a simple French braid, the two strands of white hair falling in front of my face. I was wearing mascara and blush, with a tiny bit of lip gloss. She knew how I liked my makeup, so she respected it.

"Thank you Daphne." I say. She nods. We both grab our bags and make our way over to the Great Hall for breakfast.

~

When I arrive at Herbology, there's a group of students by Harry and Ronald. I make my way over towards them to say hi.

"Hey you guys." I say to them. Harry didn't seem to hear me, but Ronald did.

"Hey Lila!" He says walking over towards me. He stands next to me and I look at the ground to avoid any eye contact.

"So is it true you already got detention?" I ask him, loud enough that everyone in the group heard.