Chapter Twenty

I just got out of the Hospital Wing. Harry and I got out the same day, which was more comforting knowing neither of us had to stay in that hellhole alone.

Madam Pomfrey didn't allow visitors unless they were dropping off homework, probably because of Daphne and Blaise. I got all my homework done, but Harry didn't even start his.

We're in the abandon girls bathroom, Hermione, Harry, Ronald, and I. It's dark in here. Cracked mirrors, chipped sinks, old and melted candles.

Ronald is leaning against the wall by one of the stalls as Harry is sitting down across from him. Hermione and I are sitting around a cauldron on the ground, brewing the Polyjuice Potion.

Our robes are in a pile on the ground in a corner and my sleeves are pulled up to my elbows. My hair is pulled up into a ponytail with two strands of white hair flopped in front of my face. I'm sitting criss-crossed in front of the cauldron as I put the ingredients in. Harry and I are telling Ronald and Hermione what we heard in the Hospital Wing.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asks. I nod as I add the next ingredient into the potion, Hermione watching carefully.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber of Secrets when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." Ronald exclaims. I scoff at his accusation.

"Ronald, I don't think so." I tell him, shaking my head as I watch Hermione pour the next ingredient into the cauldron. Hermione sighs and looks up at me.

"Maybe, Lila. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione defends. I roll my eyes as I continue to work on the potion. Ronald walks over towards us and sighs.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of the girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ronald asks, annoyance in his voice. Hermione and I smirk at each other. I lean back and lean my hands on the ground, holding myself up. Hermione shakes her head.

"Never." Hermione says, both of us still smirking. Harry looks at us confused.

"What?" He asks, standing up. I look back at the two boys and roll my eyes, a smirk still taking place on my face.

"No one ever comes in here." I inform them. They give each other confused glances before turning back at me.

"Why?" Ronald asks. I scoff at him and face back to the cauldron in front of me. I start helping Hermione brew the potion once more.

"Moaning Myrtle." The both of us say in unison. We look up at each other and giggle a little, Ronald cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ronald asks us. Before either of us can answer, a loud piercing screech comes from the wall. Then, a young girl comes flying out of it. She flies down and becomes face to face with Ronald.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle! I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" She asks, yelling at Ronald.

Hermione, Harry, and I all try to maintain giggles as a look of annoyance and guilt is plastered on Ronald's face. Then, she starts sobbing and dives head first into the toilet.

"She's a little..." Hermione starts, fishing for the right word. I look back at Ronald and smile softly.

"Sensitive." I finish. Ronald sighs and Hermione laughs a little, earning a glare from Ronald.

~

Ronald, Harry, Hermione, and I all walk into he Great Hall after brewing our amount for the potion today. When we walk in, I notice a large poster on the wall.