2: Kazahana Village

Start from the beginning

Just as the rumors said, she was indeed beautiful.

A true enchanted beauty with (hair color) hair so vivid and aesthetic (eye color) eyes that stared at him with curiosity.

His heart beat rapidly in his chest as though it sat aflame while he stared longingly at her from head to toe. The sound of his own heartbeat echoed in his ears, matching the rhythm of his racing pulse. His eyes traced the curves of her body, taking in every detail with a mixture of desire and admiration. It was as if time stood still in that moment, suspended in the air as he tried to capture every fleeting second. The intensity of his feelings grew with each passing moment, leaving him in a state of blissful enchantment.

For the longest time, they hadn't said anything to each other as Kyojuro continued to gawk at how breathtakingly beautiful she was. He couldn't tear his gaze away from her; he was completely captivated by her.

And it's at that moment that Kyojuro noticed something very peculiar. The Yuki-onna before him wasn't a yokai or ghost at all, but instead, a regular human being just like himself.

Her (eye color) eyes locked onto his mesmerizing gold and red gaze, holding a hint of curiosity and wonder. With each subtle blink, she seemed to be silently urging him to say or do something.

Which she didn't have to wait too long for, as Kyojuro finally took a step towards her and she, in response, took a step back, as if afraid he was going to attack her.

"Marry me!" Kyojuro suddenly blurted out.

"I- wait. What⁉" She questioned with confusion written on her pretty face.

Kyojuro blushed as his eyes grew even wider (if that was even possible).

Holy shit! Even her voice was beautiful, and he felt the butterflies within his stomach flutter at the sound of it.

"Marry me!" The Flame Hashira exclaimed again.

"N-no! I don't know you like that!" She furrowed her eyebrows at him, as she avoided his advances.

"Be mine, my beautiful Yukionna!" He said again.

"S-stay away from me, you creep!" She said flailing and blushing.

"Marry me!"

"No..stay away!"

Thus, began the never ending game of cat and mouse.

──────────────

Kyojuro smiled at the memory of how he'd met [name]. Though he hadn't meant to act like such a simp, he just had to pass the trials and win over [Name]'s heart so she'd be his wife.

Upon entering the teahouse, the bartender's eyes glanced his way, but he quickly returned to what he was doing.

It had become a custom for the locals of Kazahana to know a demon slayer when they see one, as Kyojuro slowly glanced around until he spotted a hand waving to him from the back.

Smiling, he calmly made his way over to a table, where an old white-haired woman wearing a mint green haori and a peach-colored kimono with floral patterns was seated. She appeared to be in her early 70s as she greeted him with a warm and welcoming smile.

"So glad you could make it, young Rengoku-san. I'd been expecting you!" She says this before averting her wise brown eyes over to the oriental clock on the wall.

"And you're right on time too!" She smiled before taking a sip of her tea.

The flame, Hashira, nodded as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"The same goes for you as well, Lady Fukasawa! And what kind of man would I be if I didn't show up for my own trial?" He asked.

"You're just as ardent as ever, I see."

Lady Otsune Fukasawa (as Kyojuro has come to know) is the well-respected priestess of Kazahana's mountain temple. She's also an excellent herbalist and fortune-teller. Though most of her past was still shrouded in mystery, She was also [Name]'s guardian.

"Usually most young men would just leave after being rejected by [name] or because they simply couldn't take the cold." She says it with a closed-eyed smirk.

"I would never give up on making [Name] my beloved wife." The Flame Hashira says enthusiastically and Otsune could practically feel the fire radiating from his very soul.

"Hmm, then you may just be the one who can melt her heart." Otsune said as she stood, then grabbed her walking cane with a hand-carved owl head.

"But don't expect her to welcome you with open arms." She adds before starting towards the exit.

Kyojuro smiled, following close behind her. Soon, he would finally be reunited with his beloved snow flower.