[35]

Propinquity:AnInclination

Propinquity:
An
Inclination.

[◇]

I've been pacing the floor of my bedroom, trying to gather enough courage to walk downstairs and ask my parents' permission to go to the beach with Covan. Part of me was sad that he was going to share the cabin beach house with the rest of our friends and the groups. I thought that was a special place to him, but I guess not. Now or never.

Without thinking twice, I throw open my room door and march down the stairs. Mother was standing there, shoving her phone into her pocket. I assume she just got off a phone call. "Hey guys, I've been wanting to ask you-" I nervously started until she cut me off.

"Honey, do you have to do this now? Your father is coming with me on a business trip for the weekend to Florida. I'm not sure if we can make it back in time for Monday so you cant tag along, but we'll try," My mother revealed. Business trip? It didn't take me long to realize that this is perfect. This is perfect. That way I can go to the beach without them knowing.

"Oh, really? When are you leaving?" I faked my sadness that they're leaving. "Now actually, we were gonna leave you a letter since your father insisted we let you sleep...I guess that didn't work out," she trailed off, laughing at the end. "Well, Have a safe flight and call me if anything happens," I quickly say and grabbed her for a tight hug.

My father walked into the room with two suitcases rolling behind him. "She's up! Did you tell her?" My father smiled. I nod my head, confirming his theory and I walked over to hug him goodbye also. "I left my credit card on the countertop and there's food in the fridge alright?" He tells me. "Alright! Alright! Let's go," my mother rambled off, taking her suitcase. We walk towards the door and I say my final goodbyes before they drove out of the driveway. After locking the door shut I bolded up to my bedroom and stripped my clothes down.

I replaced the clothes on my body with a yellow bikini set, one of my favorites actually. The strongest thought looming in my head was how badly I wanted Covan to see me in it. The material was so soft and the shade definitely complimented my skin tone. The bikini bottom was high waisted and the top had thin noodle straps. It all tied in a bow in front of my chest. One wrong move and my boobs will be revealed to everyone.

Over that, I threw over a hoodie and jeans shorts and slipped my feet into some sandals

Over that, I threw over a hoodie and jeans shorts and slipped my feet into some sandals. Quickly, I grabbed a beach bag and threw two suits of clothes in there as well as other necessities before zipping it up and bolting out of the house with my keys and phone in my pocket. I ran to the end of the street quickly, no surprise that Covan was already waiting.

I opened the door and quickly got in. Before I can get in, his hand fell on my neck and he pulled me into a kiss. Covan stole my breath and control as I kissed him back after realizing he was kissing me. No complaint, just taken off guard. "What's that about?" I laughed after I pulled away but he didn't like that. Covan pecked my lips over and over slowly, unwilling to pull away. "I don't think I can be as close as I want to be with you today," he softly revealed.

I mean it makes sense. Gossip. Covan is the golden boy, the center of all rumors. I'm sure he wouldn't want nasty ones about us. Especially, since it will be worse because we both just got out of relationships. "Right," I sighed. With knowing this information, I pressed my lips on his and allowed myself to take control of the kiss, parting his lips to eagerly meet his tongue. God, it's heaven. Kissing Covan is a pure rupture of heaven.

"This is going to be so difficult," he frowned and we both separated. My back collided with my seat harshly. It took a lot to control ourselves. I'm already having these dirty thoughts about Covan and I behind locked doors. It's too early for this. Forcefully I knocked back into reality when he placed his hand on my thigh just like last night. Fuck, the butterflies are back. We were already driving away from my street.

"Is this okay?" He hesitated, referring to his hand on my thigh. I gulped hard, my mind swirling wildly. "Y-yes," I confirmed and he flashed me his signature smirk. The ride to the beach house wasn't too much of a long one. I very much appreciated Covan's goofiness and the announcers playing such good music on the radio. When we arrived, it was a discrete open beach house and definitely not the one he took me to before.

"Not your parents one?" I asked as we got out of the car. Everyone was already walking in and out of the house. "Nope. That place is too special, do you think?" He winked. That makes me happy. I help him take everything out of his car and transport it into the beautiful house.

"Verena! Thank God you're okay!" Ellie ran to me and gave me a bone-crushing hug. "Told you she was fine," Preston huffed. The more I studied him I noticed he had a bruise under his eye and a fresh red cut on his jaw. My eyes snapped to Covan's hands. Oh no he didn't. His knuckles were reddened, definitely in pain but not necessarily gashed or bruised. It was his right hand, the hand he kept on the steering wheel.

"I'm okay. Sorry, I haven't checked my phone all morning," I assured her. "I tried to find you everywhere! I thought something happened, my battery died and I was so drunk. You really worried me," she frowned. "I'm okay, nothing happened. I promise," I assured her and she finally decided to drop the touch. "Come on, let's go strip our clothes. We're sharing a room for the time we're here," she changed the topic excitedly.

"But-" Covan interrupted but immediately changed his mind from saying anything at all. "What?" Ellie smirked with the new information she found out about Covan and I. "Come on!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from them. Ellie takes the lead and shows me to our bedroom. Ellie removed her sundress and I took off my hoodie and shorts to reveal our bikinis.

Hers was a one-piece black bath suit with an open back. She looked hot and I could tell she felt hot. "We look so hot. Let's take a few pictures before we go out," she suggested and I agreed. After getting three maximum good pictures, we grabbed our towels and joined the others on the beach. My eyes searched for Covan Harington. Every positive thought about him seeing me in this bikini was demolished into a pile of nervousness.

That's when I saw him laughing at something Preston said. Our eyes found each other and his face relaxed, his eyes deepened and he already was walking towards me. How to breathe? "I'll excuse you two," Ellie winked and ran away to the ground of girls.

"You're hot," he bluntly said, standing so close to me that people are definitely gonna get the wrong idea which is actually the true idea. "You're hot," I repeated. He was no longer wearing navy blue sweatpants and a white tank top. His shirt was gone, his body left on display for my eyes with only loose yellow swimming shorts hanging lowly on his hips. "We're matching," I smiled. We were both wearing yellow. He grabbed my hand and let our hands swing between us.

"I love you in yellow," he revealed, shamelessly drinking in my body. "Thank you," I bravely said. "You're my yellow," he grinned, rubbing his thumb along the back of my hand. "What?" My eyebrows furrowed. You're my yellow? What does that mean? "Don't worry your pretty little head about it," he smirked.

My eyes drop to our hands and then I remembered Preston. My fingers ran across his red knuckles and he winced. "Anything you wanna tell me?" I wondered and looked into his eyes again. His eyes flooded with regret," you know already, don't you?" He thought and I nod my head. Covan drops our hands, his fingers ran through his hair out of being under pressure.

"I found Preston last night, after I dropped you off, and gave him a couple of punches," he stated. No surprise there. "You do realize that was a bad decision right? He didn't do anything," I replied. He nods his head with a clenched jaw.

"The disappointment look in your eyes right now already makes me regret it."