[32]

This is the longest chapter this book has so far. I'm sorry if these things are wrong. Just roll with it, I tried my best. Sorry if I offended anyone:(

 Sorry if I offended anyone:(

Wafture:
Waving

[◇]

Friday. My first big game back, the first game without Hale. My dad has worries that he'd show up at the game. That got me worried but if Hale knows what's best for him, he will stay away. I got dressed with the rest of the squad. My heart started to race even more while Stacy was doing my makeup because I heard Covan's laugh echo from the boys' locker room beside ours.

He and I were strangers. It took one kiss, one tiny make out for him to leave me alone and forget all about our history. I tried denying that I was normal to him but truth be told there was something between us. With the hotel nights, Hale, the cabin, and the beach, hell even the rooftop. Now instead of heartbreaking thoughts from Hale, there was Covan on top of that.

Luckily, assault and abuse was a big deal for Jessie. Turns out, she's actually human. So no one really knew I was the one involved in the Hale Lewis case.

"All done. You're the last one so we are ready to go," Stacy smiled widely, shutting her makeup palette and stuffing everything back into her locker. My heart, it crashed repeatedly in the arms of my ribs. Why was I so scared? I knew the answer to that. Covan, my dad, the pressure and anxiety of performing all night, and of course, Hale. I feel like if everyone is gonna know that I was abused by my boyfriend and then kissed the most popular footballer in Cresent High.

I was a nervous wreck. My hands were sweating, I couldn't focus on one thought, it felt like the world was slowly spinning, I felt overwhelming feelings rushing through my body. It felt like my thoughts and emotions were going at war with me and I was losing the battle. "Are you ready to go?" Riley asked, looking slightly worried. I nod my head but for some reason, I wasn't. I don't think I can do this.

Nevertheless, I walked outside, into the hallway. I froze suddenly when the chest ache started and the ringing made my ears irritated. My heart was off the charts and I couldn't control my emotions and thoughts. Where did everyone go? They are all gone, no one checking to make sure I was okay. They just walked away. Suddenly, my body felt weak.

"Verena," Covan called, his hand wrapping around my waist and he pulled me flat on my feet. I instinctively pulled away from him. Of course, it had to be him. "What's wrong?" He asked, observing me and my anger boiled. He finally dropped his hands and created some distance between us. "N-nothing," I stuttered, grabbing the sides of my skirt in my hand. "You look like you've been drugged or you need some air. You aren't okay, you can't go out like this," he realized.

"I'm fine! I'm just nervous for the game, that's all," I brushed off and kept walking towards the door the rest of the squad disappeared into. "A little nervous? Your hands are shaking babe. I have a bad feeling about this, just don't perform tonight," he pleaded and I turned around, both of us halting.