[15]

Selenophile: A person who lovesThe moon

Selenophile:
A person who loves
The moon.

[◇]

The knocking on my window doesn't stop. I thought sandwiching my head between my pillows would help but it simply doesn't so I got off the bed, annoyed. When I pulled the curtain to reveal the window, I'm shocked to see Hale sitting on a bench, waiting for me with his knuckles knocking on the glass window.

Being the caring person I am, I opened the window and let him in, not wanting a dead body in my lawn in the morning if he fell. "What are you doing here and why didn't you call?" I whispered to him, already in fear that my parents would barge in any second.

"I did call and I needed to come see you to apologize," he defended. I didn't say anything since I haven't been on my phone in a while and since I was about to go to bed it was on mute.
"You can't apologize for something like that. Do you know how much pain you put me in, Hale? I...I don't think I can still be with you," I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

His eyes darkened in hurt and guilt washed over his face. "I don't like you going to that school, Re," he mumbled, looking at the floor. "I know," I deadpanned. "Are we done?" He asked in another way of asking if I just broke up with him.

"No, I just need some space. Can you give me that?" I decided. I needed to think over all of us and if I decided that I cannot be with him then I'll break up with him. He backed towards the window. "I'm sorry for fucking us up," he apologized for the last time before disappearing outside the window.

I sighed and was more than happy to get back to bed and thankfully my overthinking was paused and I was able to fall asleep.

When I woke up the next morning I tried my best not to think about it at all. I tried not to think of my visit last night but I knew I had to come up with a decision quickly. I got dressed in blue jeans that were ripped at the knees and a black fitted tank top that hugged my body perfectly. Over that, I wore an oversized sweater that made me look cute and comfortable with the neckline slipping down my shoulder.

I grabbed my bag and phone before running down the stairs, ready to say goodbye to my parents. "Hey, honey. Your mother borrowed your car this morning because hers broke down so I'd have to drop you and pick you up from school," my father told me as I walked in the kitchen, about to grab my car keys and leave for school.

True to his words, the car keys were missing. I groaned out loud and grabbed an apple before following my dad to his car.

_♤_

When school ended and I made my way to the corner of the block where my father said he would be, I was disappointed.

He wasn't here.

He said he would leave work early.

I checked my phone to reveal no new messages from him so I decided to call him instead. I was already pissed but I could at least let him explain, maybe something happened. The call was unanswered but right after a message was delivered to my phone.