[4]

Heliophilia: love of sunlight

Heliophilia: love
of sunlight

[♡]

"Evening," I mumbled to my parents, refraining from rolling my eyes. I was hoping they wouldn't be in the kitchen which is where I located myself when I arrived home from my first day ever of school. Public school. I wanted to let everything sink in from the classes, different teachers, lockers, cafeteria, and Oh God let's not forget the endless hot people. Not that I had to wonder far since I had a beautiful boyfriend for my eyes and hands to wander on.

"How was it?" My mother impatiently asked. "Fine," I mumbled, to say the least. Not going to lie, I was tired after trying to be perfect and not doing anything humiliating all day and not to mention the exhausting cheerleading squad try outs.
"That's all we're gonna get? Fine?" My father frowned. "Okay, well I met Mr. Harington and his son. Mr. Harington is actually really nice, not so much the teachers of the school but I'll manage," I shrugged, pulling out everything I needed to make potato fries.
"And his son?" I wasn't surprised my mother asked this question. "He's a dick, I don't even know his name though," I scoffed even though our interaction wasn't that had. "Language," my father silently hissed. "I think his name is Covan or Cuban or Corbin...something like that," my mother mumbled as she was lost in thought trying to remember the name of the jock.

Covan...pretty name.

"What about cheer? Did you get in?" My father asked. I sighed before turning to them, already annoyed with the questions that were only going to continue. "Can you give me a week before I answer the questions? A day is a too little time," I begged them with a sigh. My father looked skeptical and hesitant as he looked at me, my mother looked sad and exhausted. "Of course we can," my mother say with a fake smile plastered across her face when she realized my father wasn't saying anything. "Great," I sarcastically smiled," I'm going out, I'll be back by seven!" I shout loudly walking out of the kitchen as I tried to get an outfit in my head for the visit to Hale's house.

After scrolling through my phone and replying to a couple of messages from Hale asking if our plans were still on, I stripped off my clothes and threw them into the laundry basket before wiggling myself into the shower. After my body was cleaned, I walked into my walk-in closet to get the outfit I already planned on wearing which was a red cropped top and black shorts. Slipping on my red sandals, I shoved my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my car keys before leaving the house.

The drive to Hale's house was interesting seeing that it was the first time I was driving to his house. Usually, he would be the one driving when I would sneak out but I paid attention to the drive. Parking in his driveway, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I knocked on his door.

"Baby!" Hale cheered, pulling me into his house and shutting the door before pushing me against it and smashing his lips on mine. I kissed back immediately and hugged his body. "I missed you," I say against his lips, pecking them one last time before pulling away fully. "I missed you too," he admitted back, lacing our hands and pulling me into the living room. Thank God his parents weren't home at the moment.
We flopped down on the sofa and he handed me the remote to choose a movie. "Did you go to school like that?" He asked looking down at the cropped top and black tight shorts I had on. I wait until I had selected Fast and Furious before replying to him.
"Is that a problem?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. Part of me was taking offense in his simple question. "Sort of, I don't like anyone seeing what's mine," he flashed me a smirk before grabbing my hand that was on my thigh and bringing the back of my palm to his lips. "Very cute but nobody controls what I wear," I seriously said with a smile playing on my lips. "I know babe, just follow the dress code, yeah?" He suggested assuming that they had a dress code. They probably did.

"I know."

"So what's the school like?" He asked. The playfulness was gone and now he was fully serious, ignoring the TV and turning his attention back to me. "Amazing honestly, I was excited all day. Sure there were students that threw me nasty glares but it was fine," I admitted out loud for the first time. "And being with you right now," I trail off, lifting off the sofa before throwing my leg across his body so now I was sitting on his legs. Our chests pressed together as his hands gripped my waist, rocking me to his front," makes my day pretty epic," I finished my sentence before connecting our lips. Hale groaned, sliding his hands up the back off my thigh to squeeze my ass earning the perfect entrance for his tongue to slide into my mouth as I moaned. "I missed you," he whispered against my lips before pushing me down to lay on the sofa with him looming above me. "So fricken much," he continued, sliding the shirt off his body before gliding down on mine as our lips found each other again.