[5]

Eunoia: beautiful thinking

[◇]

Today I tasted Starbucks for the first time. I never tasted it before which is shocking, to say the least. Let's just say, not having Starbucks was me missing out on a part of life. The delicious drink made me feel like I was ready to handle the second day of school.

Thankfully, by the time I arrived, I was finished with the drink and left the empty cup in my car. Today, I would find out of I made the cheer team or not.

I keep my head high as I walked into school, pretending I don't see all the heads turning in my direction as I walked. My shoulders sink in relief when I saw my locker drawing close. Maybe I could hide myself in there.

Until I noticed that two familiar people were pressed against my locker as they continued to kiss the life out of each other. I looked away, thinking of how to get them away from my locker. My bag had eight books that I don't need to be carrying about all day.

It just had to be Jessie and her boyfriend.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. I don't want to disturb them because I want nothing to do with the principal's son and to be honest he seemed like a dick. Also, if I messed with Jessie then that can jeopardize my spot on the cheer team. I groaned and pulled my bag up my shoulder before walking away. I guess I'm going to math class with my notebooks for all my eight subjects today.

"Hey!" My eyes snapped to Ellie as I walked into my math class. Ellie was the sweet and kind girl that had helped me out yesterday on my first day. I have no idea if I consider her my friend but she is very close to getting that title than anyone else in this place. She had long brown hair that ended above her wide hips, brown eyes that were protected by her long lashes, big pink lips that made her look sexy as hell when painted red. Ellie was beautiful all together and I wouldn't be surprised if guys started throwing themselves at her.

I smile at her, letting her know that I notice her before walking to her. I flopped down on the seat next to her with my bag on the table. "You look like you had a shitty morning," she acknowledged. I sighed, running over my new normal morning before settling on not being able to put my heavy books into my locker. It frustrated me.

"Something like that," I tell her, and before she could reply, the teacher walked in and the entire classroom got quiet.

_♤_

I nervously walked into the gym. My hands were sweaty and all my nervousness from the entire day was hitting me like bricks at this moment. The gym was flooded with people but not too much. When I investigated the gym I realized all the want to be cheerleaders like myself was huddled in the middle and the footballers were talking to themselves, laughing, and talking at the end of the room.

However, I don't look at them too long before shoveling myself into the middle of the circle. Thankfully, Jessie walks out from where she was talking with the team so I didn't have to stand there by myself for too long. "Please stand in a straight line!" She shouts and everyone scurried to obey her orders including myself. The chatter that surrounded the football team was now dead quiet, watching what was happening.

"When I tap your shoulder, please step forward," Jessie says loud and stern which only made me more nervous. I have to get in. I've been doing backflips since I was three. I have to get in. I cross my fingers, looking straight ahead to the footballers looking at us. Some of them had smug smiles, others were smirking, some of them were looking with cold glares like the principal's son.

He was staring straight at me with a stare that wanted a shiver to run down my back and for my heart to start beating fast. It was the type of look that you see in the movies when the bad guy is thinking of killing the girl but tries not to make it obvious. Flashes of him making out with Jessie flashed through my head.

When I felt the tap on my shoulder, I knock back into reality. My eyes widened before I stepped forward. Relief flood through me and I couldn't help the smile on my face from forming as I look at my shoes.

I did it.

I got in.

I felt proud of myself that things were actually going my way.