[30]

Conflate:To blend together

Conflate:
To blend together.

[◇]

It's been a couple of days. My parents have been babying me since they found about what happened with Hale. I hated it, the affection and attention. I wish they didn't know. I'm still stuck at home, Hale made it worse because now I can't go back to school at all costs. They're back to protecting me like an endangered princess.

Covan and Ellie texted me a few times, both sending me school work. As the days passed, I looked forward to seeing Covan's messages. I shouldn't be, but it happened against my will. Just as I was about to go to bed, my phone buzzed and with hopes of it being Covan, I checked.

Indeed, it was.

Covan:
Meet me at the rooftop?

Verena:
See you in ten minutes.

I put on a bra under my shirt and over the shirt, I pulled on a hoodie before sneaking out of the window. I already had this planned out in my head for times like these. It was a fifteen minute walk to the rooftop. It was already so late and so unsafe but I couldn't help myself.

He was already there waiting patiently for me at the top. Once he heard the iron door creaked open, he turned around and a huge smile plastered across his face once seeing me. We ran to each other, our bodies having a different mind. "I missed you," he revealed and pulled me into a tight hug. He lifted me after I wrapped my arms around him. A squeal left my lips when my feet left the ground. My ankles locked behind his back. I felt so warm, safe, and protected in Covan's arms.

"Put me down," I begged, kicking for the ground but he wouldn't let me go. "Say you missed me too," he playfully ordered, making me laugh. "Say you missed me," he repeated, walking closer to our spot at the edge. "I missed you too!" I honestly said and he let me down. The big smile he wore told me how happy he was in this moment, simply relieved and happy to be here. I'm sure my face wore the same.

"So, how are you?" He questioned as we both sat down on the edge of the building. "I'm good. Parents are being very overprotective," I frowned. He remained quiet for a second and I turned to the view I got so attached to. "Can I hug you? It feels like you're safer when I hold you..." he softly said, preparing for rejection. It's impossible to stop the thoughts about him when he says things like this. The thoughts about us being more than friends. It's too early for that. I got out of a toxic relationship one week ago, I can't be crushing on another.

My father would kill me. He'd kill me if he even finds out I'm friends with Covan. "S-Sure," I agreed and leaned into his chest. He pulled me between his legs, wrapping his arms around my waist, and held me tightly. "Much better," I hear him whisper and I inhale deeply. The butterflies. Go away.

"So how's school?" I changed the topic. "I miss you," he simply said. "Covan," I whined, stomping my feet on the concrete. "What? I just realized I should speak my thoughts more often," he shrugged and I glared at him. What does that mean? Is that why he's being so affectionate? Do I like it? "what are you thinking about," he asked me. should I tell him the truth? never. he also got out of a relationship recently, I doubt he's already over Jessie. I bet not because I'm not over Hale and I'm not sure ill ever be. so tell me why I keep thinking about kissing him or touching him when I know I shouldn't be.

I grabbed him by the jaw and smashed my lips on his. The second our lips met, the fireworks erupted in my chest. I kissed him slowly, feeling him relaxed against my touch, and slowly kissed me back. His hand touched my waist, not moving from there. Our lips moved with minds of their own, all thoughts that I had previously about not doing this was just thrown out the window. I want more of Covan. Not sexually or physically but mentally.

Slowly, I dragged my tongue on his lower lip, heating the kiss further, but Covan didn't like being not in control. Cautiously, his tongue swept into my mouth and met mine before the rings of pleasure blasted from my chest. The boring and lifeless kisses Hale and I shared were nothing compared to this. All I could focus on was him, and how perfect it felt to be here with him like this. His eyes lit with emotion when we pulled away, our chest rising and falling together with our foreheads pressed together. Fuck, why didn't I do that sooner? Covan wasn't finished, knocking the breath away, he dipped back and kissed me harder than the last time, his hand sliding down my arm heatedly.

Thunder roared above us, threatening to burst the raindrops and we were forced to pull away again, laughing. "Fuck," Covan cursed, his eyes flicking from my lips to my eyes. "I've never realized how much I've wanted to do that until now," he revealed, making me laugh and I hugged him. he hugged me back tighter than before, simply not holding back on what he really wanted to do. "The rain is coming down," I broke the silence first and he pulled away, still staring me deep in the eyes.

"Let me walk you down. I should go before the rain gets me," he stated. I nodded and we both got off the ground. The kiss was hard to leave my mind. I couldn't stop replaying it, his lips felt so euphoric. He felt euphoric. we walked down the staircase in silence, just when we were about to go our separate ways, he stopped. We both stood on the pavement, staring at each other and before I know it, he was reaching for my waist. "Bye," he whispered, breaking out into a grin. My hands landed on his shoulder and I was next to lean in. "You'll see me soon, promise," I assured him. His smile widened before he shut his eyes and kissed me deeply, captivating my emotions more. Our lips slowly moved, savoring the moment before it's gone.

"Bye," I whispered and pecked once more before turning around and walked away first. It was a brisk thirty minute walk back to my house. The weather was cold but thankfully I had my hoodie. It was a beneficial walk which helped me realize that no matter how much I rethink it, I don't regret kissing Covan. I sneaked back into my room with a silly grin on my face. I made sure to shut the window as quietly as I could. "Verena," my father revealed and turned on the lights. He was sitting at my desk, scarily looking at me. "What the hell, dad?" I screamed, my heart racing. "We saw you," he simply said and my eyes widened. "What?" I obliviously questioned. He got off the chair and stepped closer to me.

"We saw you sneak out so we followed you. It was hard since you were on feet and we were driving but we saw you kissing Covan on the pavement," he explained. Great, just flipping great. "Now I know why you insist on going back to school. You fell for Covan. He's the mystery guy that went with you at the station, isn't he?" My father grinned.

The cops mentioned to them that a friend assisted me at the station last week, that he helped me and stuff. Covan rathered to keep his identity a secret before his father finds out. "It was just an innocent kiss, dad. I just got out of that toxic relationship with Hale but yes...he's the mystery guy. Covan is actually a good person dad, he isn't like his father," I revealed.

He twisted his face, not liking what I was saying. "None of that matters. What matters is that you're going to make Covan Harington fall for you and break his heart into itty bitty pieces," he wickedly smiled, brewing his evil plan to use me.

It's becoming a regular thing when my father ruins my day, don't you think?