[38]

I've been waiting to write this chapter since March (when I started this book) and now I finally can. While coming up with ideas for books I also think of chapters as well, so these were one of the chapters:)

Buckle up for the ride♡

Talisman:A goodluck Charm

Talisman:
A good
luck Charm.

[◇]

They dropped me off at Aunt Esther's house so I can help her cook the food. We had an awesome time cooking her desired menu while shaking our hips and dancing till our hearts were contented. It was now in the evening, I finished showering and changed into a simple comfortable outfit. My parents were supposed to be here by now.

I walked back downstairs with the hope of seeing my parents but they weren't there. Instead, Aunty Esther stood there with a frown when she saw me returned. "Your parents aren't going to make it. Something came up with my father, you know how he is but he promised to make it up to me," she sighed. Of course, this had to happen. Now I'm here all alone but I guess isn't all bad since Esther is actually a really cool aunt. Sadly, her husband left her to travel the world.

"So since your parents can make it, I invited my neighbor from next door. She's bringing her son, you guys should talk and get to know each other alright? He's your age," Esther suggested though I had no interest in her neighbor's son. There was a hidden intention behind her voice and I already detected it. "Esther Clinton, what are you implying? I don't need a boyfriend right now?" I playfully glared at her. In fact, I had my eyes on one certain footballer but I already had him. And he has me.

"Just think about getting to know him alright? He's a sweet boy, muscles and black hair and everything, real cute," she wiggled her eyebrows, still trying to persuade me. "No aunty," I sighed and she finally gave up. "Just go sit at the table, they're already walking over," she huffed and obliged. I sat down with my hands on my lap, waiting for these mystery guests to arrive. I hear the door open and a familiar open spoke. She could just have one of those voices or something but I could've sworn I've heard her voice before.

"Right this way pretty boy," Esther ushered, and then the door opened. My heart literally dropped. At least that's what it felt like. I look up, locking eyes with Covan Harington the second he stepped into the dining room. My lips parted in shock, he just stood there frozen for a second. Neither of us capable of saying anything. Reena stepped into the room followed by my aunt and then it made sense. She was the familiar voice I heard. "This is my niece V-" Esther was about to introduce us.

"Verena?" Reena cut her off. "You know them, dear?" My aunt asked me with confusion in her eyes, I was too shocked in a state of disbelief to respond. "Yeah, she's Covan's friend, right son? Well...I think there's something more but I'll leave that for them to decide," Reena laughed as she sat down on the table. She pulled Covan along so he didn't have a choice. Everything just got worse real quick. Why did this have to happen to me? "Oh really? How is she friends with him?" Aunty Esther furrowed her eyebrows, trying to figure out the puzzle.

None of my relatives knew I was attending school. My father kept that a secret for his own benefit because he knew they would have been disappointed. "We're no-" Covan glared at me with a clenched jaw and I immediately shut up. "Why would she?" Covan bluntly asked, gripping the spoon in his hand tightly. "How about we start dinner? I'm really hungry and we must not keep the guest waiting," I changed the topic before aunty Esther could reply.

"Because my brother, her father is the principal of Fallon High school of course," Aunty Esther stated the deadly truth. My heart dropped at the hurt expression that wore on his face. "What!" Covan and Reena blurted out. I have to fix this, he wasn't supposed to find out like this. "Aunt Esther sure knows how to make jokes. Let's just forget about this alright?" I tried my best to drop the topic. I hoped Esther would get the hint she looked at me funny.

"Your father is the principal of Fallon high? You're a Raven?" Covan softly asked, failing to accept the truth. My heart was shattering," No...I'm not a Raven. I'm a Royal," my voice was fragile. "Oh crap! I now remembered the agreement. Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now," Esther laughed.

Can't this woman shut up? She's ruining everything.

"What is out of the bag?" Covan snapped angrily. "Aunty Esther stop! Please stop!" I pleaded. "Why? It isn't a big deal that the only at your school to find out its weaknesses. You can just leave and support your father's school," Aunty Esther shrugged her shoulders. The look in Covan's eyes told me I was doomed. "Covan..." I softly said. He pushed the chair back and stormed out of the dining room, ignoring his mother and I's calls. I was the only one that chased after him. He already made it outside by the time I caught up with him. "Can we talk about this, please? You need to know the truth, don't jump to conclusions. Please!" I begged, hoping he would stop walking but he never did.

"I was just a pawn in your little game? You really had me fooled, Claire," he laughed, clenching and unclenching his fist. The muscles on his back were so tensed. This is all my fault. I've never seen him this angry. "Covan please just let me explain! Please, this wasn't my fault," I pleaded as I kept running after him but he wouldn't stop. Then finally, he stopped striding and turned around. The anger in his eyes was so intense, So obvious and so destructive. It shattered me to know I was the source of his anger right now.

"You could've told me! You fucking screwed with my head and guess what Verena! I had a dream that we were in this cute fucking house and we had a fucking kid Verena. And you want to know what I thought? I fucking thought that I fucking want that. I thought to myself, that I want that fucking future with you. I used to fucking hate the idea of having children! Wanna know why that changed because of one dream? Because Verena, you fucking did that! It's your fucking fault! You screwed with my head!" He yelled. Every word was like bullets to the heart. That's how bad it hurt hearing him tell me that. I've never heard him say fucking so much either.

"Baby, please. My father manipulated me, it was never, ever my intention to hurt you. It's hurting me to see you like this. Please, let's just go to the rooftop and I'll explain," I pleaded. My throat felt weird. It was hard to swallow. The tears streaming down my cheeks made itself known but I barely noticed them. I only noticed the ones on Covan's cheeks. "You don't get it, Verena. If that even is your name," he spat. He wasn't done though.

"And don't you call me baby! You lied! You lied to me when you could've told me so don't blame it on anyone else. It's easy for you now because- fuck, y-you played me...I trusted you. I gave you my all, every ounce of my vulnerability, and you had your mask on the entire fucking time! You backstabbing b- I...I can't. I fucking touched you- God, you make me sick. Stay away from me, Claire," Covan roared. "P-please," I whimpered, wrapping my arms around him in an attempt to bring us closer. Instead of placing his hands on my waist and hugging me or kissing me, he pushed my hands away.

"Hale was right," was the last thing Covan said to me before storming off, shattering my heart more with every footstep he took.