[6]

Rasasvada: the taste of bliss inthe absence of all thoughts

Rasasvada: the
taste of bliss in
the absence of
all thoughts.

[◇]

Covan.

That's his name.

For some reason, when I found out his name because of Ellie I smiled. Probably, because my mother assumed correctly on her first try. I never even thought of that name before but nevertheless, it was a beautiful name.

Sadly, it was wasted on a dick like him.

My heart was racing as I walked out of school with Ellie. School one hour later since there was a football game. It was my first game and I was only given four days to learn all the routines but I didn't let that stop me. I pushed myself to perfection and I was damn proud. "I'll see you Monday, alright?" Ellie promised and I gave her a short nod before we separated into our own cars. Before I can even unlock my car, someone called my name.

"Verena!" I turn my head to see Jessie which only made me confused. What does she want from me? It was Friday for god's sake and I think five days was enough with her bossy and bitchy self. No offense to her. "Hey!" Jessie skipped her way over to me. This girl was one minute a complete bitch and the next she was happy as a ray of sunshine.

"Hi," I plastered a fake and happy smile across my face. "We're going to Dj's, you should come," she suggested. Not only was I confused but I also was shocked. I had no idea where and what the hell she was talking about and I was shocked that she was asking me to go somewhere with her. "I can't today, sorry," I tell her with a pretend frown. I was going to save myself the embarrassment of asking her what the hell she was talking about.

"It's a tradition! After every Friday game, we go to Dj's before going to the party, which you have to come to as well!" She explained, whining slightly. She didn't like that I refused her offer. I still wasn't giving in, I would gladly give up plans with people I barely know compared to laying in my bathtub with popcorn.

"You are one of us now, Ve. You should come at least once and if you don't like it then you don't have to come ever again," she offered. I bite my bottom lip, debating in my head what to do before I sighed in defeat. "Fine," I admitted and her eyes lit up. The girl literally started jumping like a little child.

"Yay! Follow my car on the way alright?" She added before running off to the car she was standing next to.

_♤_

I turned down the music after parking next to Jessie's car. I look to the front of the small restaurant to see probably the entire football team with the cheer squad. I bite my lip nervously, wondering how the hell I was going to fit in with all of those people.

A nervous sigh left my lips before I hopped out of my car with my credit card and phone in my back pocket. As I walked to the crowd, I swing the car keys around my finger as a distraction. "There she is!" Destiny, another girl on the cheer team, grinned and everyone's heads turned to look at me.

Talk about nervousness.

"You guys don't expect us to carry all that with only four hands, do you?" Covan stupidly stared at his classmates and a few of them even laughed. I just stood there, not knowing what to do while everyone just stared at each other. "Why don't the new girl go help?" A new voice says and I look at the blondie who called me out. Everyone was already looking at me. "Okay, sure," I shuffled next to Preston and Covan.

Preston was the guy I saw playing jokes on the field, he manages to always have a goofy smile on his face. But according to Ellie, his funny and cute ways is what makes him so good at being a player.

I think the whole football team can be classified as players and I didn't know what to think about that.

They both looked down at me, Covan with his usual cold expression and Preston with a cute smile on his face. The others already walked away to the 'spot'. "Let's go shorty," Preston winked and I scowled at him. "I'm not short," I huffed and pushed his arm as I walked into the restaurant, immediately joining the line.

"I didn't know you were so feisty," he poked my cheek and I instantly swat his hand away. "Don't touch me," I snapped, trying to seem strong or something but I was wreckage on the inside.

Before Preston can open his mouth to speak, someone behind us spoke. "Oh, hey there cute stuff," my body stiffened and my eyes widened slightly. I know that voice anywhere.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

This is bad.

I turn around slowly but I wasn't the only one.

"Keep walking, Raven, she isn't interested," Preston glared at Hale. I gulp harshly, the two boys having a stare-off with Hale. I've also realized that students from Fallon High were classified as a Raven and students from Crescent High were classified as a Royal.

"Says who?" Hale challenged, raising his eyebrow and puffing out his chest. "Says her boyfriend," Covan spoke first and my eyes widened. Covan has a girlfriend and my boyfriend is looking straight at us.

"Okay, I think that's enough, let's go," I pull the jackets that they both were but like they muscular rocks they were, they stood there staring at Hale. Instead, Covan snaked his hand around my waist making Hale glare at him. His eyes flicked to me and I sent him a look that begged 'don't do anything stupid' while biting my lip.

"Now get out of our way before I knock you out square," Preston ordered, his voice held power. Instead, Hale smirked and flicked his eyes to me. I tried pulling away from Covan but like before, it was no use. Hale sent a wink my way before walking out of the small restaurant.

"Holy hell," I muttered below my breath, sighing in relief. That went better than expected. Covan dropped his hand and I finally look up at both boys, folding my arms across my chest. "I don't know you at all but I think we can agree that was unnecessary," I pointed out making the two jocks smirk.

"Ravens are always looking for a fight and we deliver, it isn't anything serious, princess," Covan says firstly, look into straight into my eyes before storming off the dining tables.

"Jessie needs to get him laid," Preston say behind me as we watch Covan walk with a heavy foot and clenching fists. "Agreed," I say, not trying to picture Covan and Jessie behind locked doors.