[34]

Winsome:Sweetly or innocentlyCharming

Winsome:
Sweetly or innocently
Charming.

[◇]

Relief filled me completely when I saw his familiar car pulling over to the side of the house. It was only a three minute wait which surprised me because that had to mean he was in the area. I stood up from the planks, still surprised that Ellie didn't even try calling my phone or attempted to look for me. I'm sure she had her reasons since all night she was my bodyguard and didn't leave my side.

So with that, I left her a message for her to open whenever she can. I had a soft smile on my face as I walked to his car. Then the smile faltered into a line when I noticed that Covan wasn't the only one in the car. I prayed it wasn't Jessie since it was indeed a female figure. I walked around, making sure to avoid Covan's eyes in order to get in the back seat.

Just before I can open the door, she sent the window down to reveal herself. She's beautiful. "Hi! I'm Livia!" she cheered and held her hand out for me to shake. "God Liv just let her inside!" Covan groaned, holding his head in his hands. "Verena," I returned and gave her hand one shake before pulling away and getting into the backseat. "You have a beautiful name, Verena," she complimented.

Now I was beginning to regret calling Covan. That was such a stupid move. "Rena, can you just ignore her," Covan requested, looking at me through the rearview mirror and I immediately snapped my eyes away from his. "Oh shut up Cove, she's just a little shy!" Livia assumed while glaring at Covan. "I can't wait till you leave my car," he muttered softly and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, why were you at that party darling? It doesn't look like your thing," Livia noticed with a frown. "It isn't and I'm going to kill Preston for not calling me or dropping you home," Covan fumed and began to white knuckle the steering wheel. "I wanted to be there," I mumbled softly.

"Sure," he scoffed with sarcasm and the car goes silent. Suddenly, Covan slipped off his red football hoodie while managing to drive straight. He was now shirtless so I was confused. Then, he threw the hoodie in the back and it landed in my arms. "You're cold," he noticed. I opened my mouth to object and he glared at me through the mirror. "Don't be stubborn and put the jacket on," he continued with seriousness and I obliged.

My body relaxed into the soft material and I realized I was indeed cold. "Possessive and demanding. When has Covan actually deeply cared for someone? So strange," Livia whispered to herself. I stared out the window to get distracted. Livia and Covan remained silent and the radio played softly in the background. That was until stopped at an orange and white building.

Livia unbuckled her seat belt and she leaned over to see me. "Take care of him, don't let him go," she sincerely told me and I only nod once, not really knowing what I was agreeing to. "Call me when you're home, bye," she says to Covan before leaving his car and walking to the doorstep without a look back. "Do you want to come in the front seat?" Covan questioned.

I unlocked the door and replaced Livia in the front seat. It would be better to see him and get some answers like this. "Who is she?" I asked as he continued to drive. "She's no one special. Just a friend," he shrugged his shoulders but I know Covan. And I can tell when he isn't telling me the entire truth.

"Did you fuck her?" I bluntly asked and his eyes looked south in guilt and shame for a split second. "It wasn't like that I promise. Last year I got high and we slept together. It was a one night stand. But after that when I was um struggling, she helped me. Have you noticed how positive and vibrant she is? It's because of her I try to keep myself up and trying. We haven't seen each other in a while and, she wanted to get pizza together tonight. It isn't anything special, we're just really good friends," he explained, giving me the truth this time.

"I'm not giving up on us, Rena. It sounds so cliche but I've never felt this way before with another girl and honestly, I don't want to. I want it to be you and only you. If you'd stay a little bit longer you would have seen how I pushed Jessie off of me," he continued and I swore the butterflies returned. "I really like you, Covan..." I whispered softly, even though he already knew that.

"I really like you too, baby, and I want to be the best possible guy there is for you because I'm selfish and I don't want another man to beat me to it," he says without hesitation. His hand grabbed my hand and he kissed the back of my palm. "I want you to be that person too," I softly admitted and he grinned with bright eyes. His hand doesn't let go of mine and I kept our hands on my lap. Eventually, we neared my street and I frowned when he parked on the side of the road. I turn to him, hoping he would take me somewhere else or don't let me leave. I don't want to say goodbye. "Bye," I breathed out.

"Baby," he mumbled and before I can stop him, he pulled me back and pressed his lips firmly on mine. With so much force he kissed me and I couldn't help myself, I kissed him back. It's been such a long night but his devouring lips on mine made it all worth it. A groan slipped his lips before he kissed me harder, leaving me wanting more. Kissing him was such a natural thing. A deadly thing too because he's making it hard not to think about what if I might fall for him one day.

He pulls away too soon and it takes all of me not to straddle him in his seat and litter his beautiful body with kisses. "Thank you for helping me in the locker room," he whispered against my lips and he pecked them before pulling away. "You're such an idiot," I huffed at the reminder that he gave me his last pill.

He grinned and I turn away, ready to leave for real this time but he stops me once again. "Hey, Ve? I'm taking the squad and team to the beach tomorrow and in case you needed to know, you're going and you'll be riding in this car with me. Not Ellie or anyone else so I'll pick you up here at seven," he sternly ordered as if he was afraid I'll say no. "Okay," I simply said and kissed him on the cheek. I left his car with his hoodie keeping my body in warmth. A goofy smile spread on my lower face because I got him back.

And he's all mine.

I'll be damned if I let anyone else have him.