[13]

Vespine: A woman who doesn't Meddle in other's Business

Vespine:
A woman who doesn't
Meddle in other's
Business

[◇]

When I thought the aftermath was going to be painful, I didn't think it was going to be this painful. After an hour of crying on my bed, I decided to finally get up and shower. In my bloody glory, I turned to get up but fell back on the bed, groaning and crying in pain.

I was destroyed down there, I'm shocked how easily it happened. I didn't know what was going on, what was torn or burst but all I knew was that it was bleeding and I was in terrible pain.

I always had painkillers in my room for similar times like these when I'm on my period and got terrible cramps so I chugged it down with some water before growing enough courage to stand up and haul myself into the shower.

Any longer on the bed, I was gonna get disgusted at myself and thankfully no blood seeped into my sheets.

After showering, I put on a pad since the didn't seem to stop. I wanted to put ice down there but I didn't know how that would work out.

I didn't go to school but I messaged Ellie saying that I would be at the game. Even when my father came up to give me breakfast he told me that I had to be at the game. So far from Fallon High, the football team and the principal is coming over to Cresent high for the big match.

The bleeding had stopped but the pain didn't. At least now I could walk and function.

It was difficult pretending that I didn't know my father. He was constantly looking at me across the field. Even though he was far I could feel his stare. Hale, avoided my gaze. He was more focused on the game.

I got ready in position, nervousness flooding through my veins. The routine was printed in my mind and when the drums began to thump I began to move. Here comes the part where I pull my leg up to my face in a standing split. I shut my eyes, knowing this was going to hurt and did it anyway.

My body moved to the beat, my hands trembling, and to make it worse, I had to shake the pompoms. My body crumpled forward when I realize I could make it anymore. My eyes watered in pain as I ran up, preparing to do with a flip in the air and the split on the ground that followed it. I look at the field, staring at Hale as I did it. My jaw hung open in pain. I forced myself to get to my feet. The routine was almost over but I just couldn't finish it. "I can't do this," I say out loud and begin to back away, making sure to slip out of the routine easily.

The last thing I heard before I pulled the door open was the coach shouting," Harington take five!"

I ran into the locker room and to the benches, finally taking a break. I took deep breaths, calming my body. My eyes snapped towards the entrance when I heard the door open, Covan walking bravely through. "Are you okay?" Covan asked me.

I nodded through the pain, pretending like it doesn't hurt. "I'm fine, just needed a break I guess," I lied. Why was Covan Harington

"Why did you get time out?"

"This dude, Hale Lewis kept glaring at me so I punched him. You wouldn't know him and it isn't a big deal," Covan shrugged his shoulders. My eyes widened at that, I didn't even notice he was playing dirty.

Covan's eyes dropped to my thighs covered by the short skirt. "There is blood...are you on your period?" Covan casually asked me without any awareness. I shook my head, saying no and his brows furrowed. No surprise that I was bleeding again. "Then why are you bleeding, Verena?" He worriedly asked.

"I had rough sex, yesterday," I blurted out. His face falls for some reason. Did he think I was a virgin or something? Though he tried to hide it, biting his lip. "It isn't supposed to bleed," he mumbled softly.

I shut my eyes, trying not to recall the events of yesterday. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes, I ignored Covan and walked to my locker. If I can't play then I'm going home. The locker opened under my command and I tiptoed to reach the top to get my bag when Covan gasped.

"What the hell, Verena!" He stormed, staring at my hips. I confusingly look at him for an explanation. "Let me see them, let me see the bruises," he ordered me and I froze.

"You can't come in here and demand shit from me, Covan. You aren't even supposed to be in here," I sighed out. Covan temporarily shut his eyes and upon opening them his eyes were a little calmer. "I know, but let me just see them," he begged. Skeptically, I stare at him. He did care for the damsel in distress and he wouldn't let me leave without making sure I'm okay. I sighed, tugging down the skirt a little bit to reveal the purple and red fingerprint Mark's on my hips. "So that's why you pulled the skirt higher up," he mumbled to himself but I heard.

How did he even notice that?

"How did it happen?" He asked me. "Like I said, rough sex. Now leave me alone," I snapped at him. "That looks like if someone is abusing you, Verena," Covan softly told me. "It's nothing like that. Like I said. Now I have to leave and clean myself up," I pushed past him and left.

I gripped my bag tightly as I walked in the hallway. The thought of Covan telling the entire school about this was something I couldn't let happen. I can't deal with the rumors and humiliation. So I stomped back into the locker room.

He was right where I left him. "You'll shut your mouth about this right? I don't need rumors that the new girl likes rough sex," I brutally asked him. Covan smirked, leaning onto the lockers. "Something tells me you don't like rough sex though," he ignored me. I froze, not knowing how he realized that already. He's very observant.

"Just don't say anything about what happened in here," I ignored him, trying to seem like I wasn't phased by what he said.

Conan now blankly stared at me. "Did you hear anything about you crying in your car?" He asked. I thought about it and the answer was no so I shook my head. "Or dangling off a rooftop with me?" He asked and I shook my head. "Exactly, you can trust me. I don't like rumors so why would I start one? In fact, one about a girl who is just trying to survive?" He asked me.

I was speechless, not knowing what to say of that. I wasn't nice enough to say thank you because he was Covan Harington. So instead, I gave him a short nod before leaving.

••••

Thank you so much for 300 reads!! I really appreciate the growth so far and I hope you guys keep reading!♡