[42]

Kalon:Beauty that is moreThan skin deep

Kalon:
Beauty that is more
Than skin deep.

[◇]

"Alright, I'll leave you to rest," the doctor ended before walking out of the room. I'm fine. My wrist was twisted and a few spots on the left side of my body were bruised with blue-black marks but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Majorly, the reason why I was knocked out for three days was because my head suffered the most damage. No surprise there.

The Haringtons had their own personal infirmary room. It was a room filled with all sorts of medications, bandages, and other things that I couldn't even name. Covan told me this room started off when Mr. Harington would panic about his bruises from football and the few fights he's been in. Eventually, it got to this. Yesterday, Covan pushed his father into paying on the low for me to get out of the hospital.

Turns out my father was going to do the same thing but Harington beat him to it. Mom and dad have been with me since I woke up, after my conversation with Covan of course. I'm surprised they controlled themselves to be around the Haringtons. Honestly, my father changed a lot since that dinner with Esther and now it doesn't seem so strange of him to do that anymore. Nevertheless, I'm happy they're okay. "I'll leave you two love birds alone, come on babe," my mother announced and dragged my father behind her on her way out.

"I'll leave you to. Get some rest okay? You leave in the morning," he frowned and started walking towards the exit. Thankfully, I grabbed his hand on time. He turned around and looked at me curiously. "Stay with me," I whispered and scoot over so he would have space on the twin bed with me. "I'll squash you," he bluntly said and I rolled my eyes. "Please? Give me what I want," I begged. It didn't take any more convincing to get him on the bed with me. Covan slid his arms around me and held me close to him, possibly afraid that I'll slip away into his imagination. I sighed in relief, burying my nose into his neck to inhale his intoxicating scent.

It was hard not for me to drift off into the darkness when he raked his fingers through my hair. I felt at home. I felt meant to be. With the thought that I was more in love with Covan on my mind, I soon realized that every day I will fall more in love with him. At that, I finally surrendered myself and fell asleep.

_♤_

I stirred awake to the sound of a camera snapping pictures. "Shit," I hear Reena cussed. I didn't have the ability to open my eyes so instead, I snuggled further into Covan's neck. His arms tightened around my waist, letting me know he was reluctantly awake also. "Get a good one," my mother's hushed voice recommended.

The camera noises were heard again and this time, Covan was the one to groan. "Stop mom," he whined and tugged at the blanket covering us. I have no idea how we had a blanket on us now but somebody had to throw it on us while we slept. "You both are so cute! I literally cannot!" Reena squealed. I lift my head to glare at her, to my suspicion, our mothers were standing in the room with their phones held for pictures.

"Get the fuck out, please," Covan attempted to nicely ordered but neither of them obliged. We both gave up and sat up on the bed, I'm automatically put in the position that I was sitting between Covan's legs with my back pressed to his chest. His hand was still around my waist as he hugged me from the back so our bodies were pressed closely. I felt him snuggle into the side of my neck, his breath that hit the skin made goosebumps rise. "Are you two dating yet?" Reena blurted out before her hand smacked across her mouth.

"Reena, I told you later," my mother hissed, both of them avoiding our eyes. "Of course we're dating. Now get out," Covan confirmed. My body visibly stiffened. What? We are? I'm afraid to say anything to ruin the moment. "You are!" My mother squealed which resulted in Covan glaring at her. They tried their best to hide their excitement and shock. So did I but I wasn't so good as them. Mom and Reena threw their hands up in surrender and backed out of the room. I jumped when the door slammed shut.

"Finally," he mumbled and pulled me back down to the similar position we were sleeping in. Now our faces were facing each other, his hand around me and a leg thrown over my side with his other one wedged between my feet. "Boyfriend," I grinned and softly kissed his nose. Covan's eyes widened and redness tinted his cheeks. "I-I'm sorry...I just... I don't know. I'm sorry if I said something wrong. I can tell them-" I cut him off my leaning my body into his and claimed his lips.

I kissed him softly, he soon relaxed and kissed me harder yet he maintained the soft kiss. We pulled away and I stared at Covan's beautiful brown eyes. "Boyfriend," I repeated more confidently this time.

"Girlfriend," he breathed out before flipping us ninety degrees so he was hovering over me. His lips hungrily kissed mine and I certainly couldn't complain.