[8]

For those of you who are giving my story a shot, thank you. Also importantly, thank you so much for 100 reads♡ I definitely wasn't expecting that.

 Also importantly, thank you so much for 100 reads♡ I definitely wasn't expecting that

Aesthete: someone
with deep sensitivity
to the beauty of
art or nature.

[◇]

It was Saturday and I still haven't left my room after breakfast. My hand hasn't stopped working against the paper with the pen gripping tightly in my hand as I scribbled down my homework assignments.

I knew I needed to go visit Hale after what happened at the diner. We made plans for me to come over today and I was running late but I needed to finish up the couple of questions before I left. He never minds when I was late anyway. Hale was understanding.

After I finished my notes I grabbed a coat since it was cold out today. My mother was at work and my father was at the school collecting some papers that he forgot yesterday so I just grabbed the car keys and left.

The drive to Hale's house was longer than expected since it was Saturday afternoon and the roads were more busy than usual.

When I arrived at his house, I knocked on the door multiple times before he finally opened. A smile formed on my lips before I kissed him before walking inside.

"Look who finally decided to show up," Hale sarcastically says with a fake smile plastered on his face. I frowned, taking off my jacket. His eyes ran down the sweatpants and tank top I was wearing and he scoffs.

"Sorry, I got caught up with doing school work, I really don't want to piss off these teachers," I explained, walking into his house that was empty as usual.

His parents are never home.

"So you don't mind pissing me off?" Hale asked. I was a bit taken back by his question. He was upset, I knew it. But why? Was it because of Preston? "I do, but I know you would understand. Hale if this is about the diner, Preston and I aren't even friends, he just saw you as a threat," I tried to assure him but that wasn't even working out.

"I know that! I know you...you wouldn't do that to me," Hale softly stay, studying my face.

"Then what's the problem, baby?" He asked, reaching up to place my hands on his face but he only stepped further away. He paced the floor of his living room while I just stared at him.

He seemed angry and upset. I was confused why. I did something, I knew it.

"You can't just go around prancing half-naked around the diner for everyone to see you, Verena!" Hale shouts at me, raking his hands through his hair as he stared at me.

I stumble back slightly out of shock. I wasn't expecting him to say that or shout at me like that. "What are you talking about?" I asked, remembering that I was wearing my cheerleading uniform like all the rest of the cheerleaders that I was with.
"That's my cheerleading uniform," I stated, trying to tell him I had no choice if I wanted to stay on the team.

"You're practically dressing like a stripper!" He exclaimed, making me wince from his loud and harsh voice. "Baby, you need to calm down," I say, swallowing my fear and decided to finally approach him. He was a ticking bomb and he was on the verge of exploding.

"Is that it? You want to become a stripper or something?" He asked, ignoring me. I jump back, my fear only rising. "No, I only wear that on Fridays," I shake my head, refusing to believe that this was the guy I fell in love with.

"I refuse to be with someone who dresses like a slut," Hale scoffed, glaring at me.

"You don't mean that, I don't dress like that," I say. I dress for myself and maybe a couple of times I dressed revealing for Hale. But only for him. I don't know where this is coming from.

"Yes, I do! You dress like a whore!" He screamed. "I think you should calm down, do you want to go out for ice cream? Or maybe we can take a nap?" I suggested, trying to change the subject.

"Just shut the hell up already, my God," he groans, two of his fingers rubbing his temples. "Just get the hell out of my house, I don't want to see you right now," he added. I tried to constantly remind myself that he didn't mean anything that he was saying but it was only working so little.

"Baby, just calm down," I tried again, tears wheeling down my cheeks.

"Get out!" He shouts, the veins on the side of his face bulging. Hale picked up the lamp that was resting on the table beside the sofa, yanking it out of the plug and throwing it at me. The lamp merely grazed my ear as it shattered against the wall behind me.

Did that just happen?

I finally came to the fact that I couldn't help Hale. He isn't going to calm down and I should leave since he was in this angry state.

I got him like this, this was all my fault. "I'll go," I say, walking towards the door.

Hale was still breathing roughly with his chest rising and falling, his hands balled into fists. His eyes told me that he was ready to pounce at me any second with that murderous stare. "About time," he scoffed before walking to the other door that leads to the kitchen.

Both of us slammed the door loudly as we left that room.

I'm honestly screaming at Hale even though I wrote his character like this. I'm only doing this because there are people like this in the world. They're two sided and I'm trying to show that in this story.