53.

I got out of the car picking Kindley up out of her car seat, I wasn't happy doing any of it but Kae's ideas usually worked. I held her and her carseat while Kae grabbed a few of her essentials and we led up to my moms door where I knocked with my elbow.

Kindley seemed excited, "Daddy?" She said quietly and I gave a side smile. It only broke me more but I shook my head, "You're gonna see your grandma Kindley." She put her fingers in her mouth not understanding but once she saw her face she would, the door opened and I gave my mom a smile to hide the doubt. "Hey mom," She smiled to all three of us and invited us in.

Once we got in we sat down at her table and I let Kindley down to roam around, "Be careful." I reminded her and Kae took a seat aswell, "So how have you two been?" She asked and Kae looked to me. I cleared my throat looking at my hands, "Good, Ive been doing better...You?" "Well ive been good." She said going into the kitchen.

"Would you two like something to eat or drink?"

"Well we have to be somewhere soon but thankyou for the offer," she nodded.

"I see Kindleys gotten bigger now," I nodded, "She dances to her dads music now." Kae gave me a look and I pretended not to see it, "She must know who he is?" I shook my head, "Shes too young right now, she just recognizes his voice." My mom nodded, "Whats her favorite song?" I watched her go over to the tv grabbing her remote and Kae's eyes widened at me.

"Uhm...She really likes Make No Sense." Of course she'd love the song that brought us together in the first place. My mom nodded turning it on for her, I could tell Kae was concerned about it but I just sat there and watched her. "Damn she didnt even...ask," Kae said and I shrugged, "Whatever, I'm done confronting people." I said and stood up.

"Alright mom, I think me and Kae are gonna head off now." She nodded squating down to dance with Kindley.

"Have fun you guys, be safe." She said and we nodded, I came to give Kindley a hug and kiss before I left.

"I really just hope she doesn't try anything slick this time." I said once we got back into the car, "Well lets just hope for the best, she seemed happy to see Kindley I dont know if she'd do anything to ruin her chances of seeing her." I nodded and she started up the car, we were now on our way to the club. Kae seemed excited but I wasn't in the mood to act like I was.

Once we got there a couple fans noticed me, Kae wasn't the jealous type, she was happy to see I was gaining fans and growing in numbers. I took pictures with a couple of them and we continued on, "Cmon Nique, this is your song."

It was We Paid with Lil Baby and 42 Dugg, I just nodded my head. "I'm gonna go get something to drink," I walked off to go find a bar and get myself something to drink hoping it would calm me down.

I ordered myself a simple Mojito and took a seat in one of the chairs looking around at everyone in the club.

"Is that who I think it is?" I could hear voices from a distance say, I looked over to them and gave a quick smile to ensure them they could come up to me.

"You Youngboys baby mama aint you?"

I screwed my face a bit but since it was a small mistake I let it slide, "Uhm, Domonique Monet."

"Its no way...Go let the dj know she's in the building."

Out of the three boys one of them went to go alert the dj and I stood up setting my drink down, "No— you dont have to alert anyone I don't want that kind of attention..." My heart began to race, I didn't know what was gonna happen but I knew it would be something I wish I was never even here for.

"So you really be hangin wit Youngboy that's crazy."

"I dont..."I was now irritated, I gave the two boys a blank stare.

"He lucked up yo ass fat' then a motherfucker too." That made the two of them laugh and I jocked my head back, "Excuse me what?"

The club music pretty much stopped and everyone turned toward the dj for his announcement, that's when I felt my stomach tie in a knot.

"So apparently we got Nba Youngboys baby mother in the building lets make some noise."

A couple people who knew who I was looked around and the ones that noticed me came to greet me, but the person I focused on was Kae. She knew I didn't want the attention and came as fast as she could, "I know this is not what you wanted at all...Let's just go."

Thats when they began to blast his latest song, it just so happened to be the one he fixed up for me. Not only from the music and attention was I about to cry but out of irritation, everyone began to pull out their phones and lights flashed on me while I tried to squeeze through people with Kae to leave the building and contain my tears.

"She's about to cry..." I heard someone say.

"What happened?" Someone else said.

"Did something go wrong?" The Dj said, I gave a thin lipped smile holding my hand up to block all the cameras and flashes.

"Thats youngboys baby mother right there look." Someone said pointing and looking to their friend, that's where I drew the line. I let go of Kae's hand to make one thing clear, "I have a name, and for you all to refer to me as a baby mother especially a dj on a speaker I dont feel very respected...If you dont know my name then dont speak on me, and lastly why the fuck would you blast a song like that in my presence?" My voice cracked and rasped from all the emotions.

I looked to the cameras still recording, the club got quiet but I didn't care.

"And why are you all still recording, it's common sense get that camera the fuck outta my face." I slapped one of their phones to the ground, I was done being the nice Domonique everyone wanted me to be. Today drew the line.

"Cmon Nique..." Kae said and we continued on our way out.

"And if any one of these videos make the shaderoom somebodys getting their ass beat Im not playing." We finally got out and the moment I closed my car door I bursted out into tears, I could still see the flashes on me but I just wanted to leave. The drink was kicking in anyways and the last thing Id want was to be drunk here at the club again, that's how Id beat someones ass and end up on the news, or cuddle up with some stranger and end up on the shaderoom...atleast for another reason.

All I could think about was how embarrassing it was, I just wondered what the captions to all the videos would be because there wasn't anyway they wouldnt make a headline. I wondered if Kentrell would see them and what he'd think, Kalyce, all the other girls he'd been with, my own fanbase and his.