p14.

Sherhonda helped out with decorating and I couldn't be more thankful, I was exhausted.

Just as we put finishing touches Kentrells car pulled up. I was setting everything aside today, it wasnt about us but our child and I hoped that would bring us together so me and Sherhonda came up front to the car while all the adults and kids hung out in the backyard.

I moved my hair aside watching him get out waiting for someone, cough cough female to get out with him. Yet the car doors locked and he was the only one to get out.

Before I could get a word out Sherhonda grabbed him up into a hug.

"Look at my baby! Boy I havent seen you since Eve grabbed the apple."

I couldnt help but giggle into my hand, he looked over from her squeeze to me as she planted dramatic kisses onto his cheek before backing off and looking to me.

"Yall aint gone talk?" Something about her intimidated me so I approached him causing her to smile. "Kentrell just so you know theres no smoking around the kids so dont even think about it."

He smacked his lips causing her to mug him before walking off.

"Hi Kentrell." I approached him opening my arms for a hug before he pulled me in.

"The reveal is in 10 minutes just so you know."
I pulled away giving him a smile before walking around and to the backyard.

Im sure his friends would come around soon aswell so I made sure to put out the games and controllers for them.

I spotted Kalyce rushing over with a light push.

"Girl I told you dont eat the cake until we cut it!" She tried to place the frosting back in place clicking the lid back on before turning to me licking the remains off.

"Damn my bad! Yall are taking entirely too long where Dentrell stank ass at?"

I mugged her, "Hes here, we're just waiting for the timer to go off now." I took a seat at the table.

"Sooo what about you and mr zodiac?"

I laughed at that, "Whos mr zodiac?"

"Yknow, Aries?"

"Ohhh, Kalyce how many times do I have to tell you. I may not be with Kentrell but I still...yknow, Aries and me isnt gonna happen sorry." I shrugged.

"But Aries is taller, smarter, and you know the bigger feet the bigger the meat."

"Thats a bold ass myth, and its not all about the looks anyways....Kentrells street smarter."

we stared at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing, we couldnt stand each other at times. We continued talking and catching up until some annoying ass kid threw a water bottle at me.

"Okay who—" I turned to see Kd instantly mugging him as I fanned my sleeve.

"Nigga whats wrong with you!" I stormed over to him and of course him and Kalyce were cracking up.

"They finna start countin down guh' cmawn!" I rolled my eyes before turning to kalyce throwing my arm signaling for her to come here so she did and we all rushed over to where the balloons were.

They instructed me and Kentrell to stand together so they could record our reaction.

"Guys trust me you'll get my reaction!"

"Dont be silly, cmon guh just stand right here on the x!" She pulled me over to the X they spray painted on the grass and I turned over to see Kentrell and Kd arguing before he finally put his guard down standing on the X.

It hurt me a bit he didnt wanna stand by me but I brushed it off cuz I damn shol' did the same knowing I wanted to be by him.

Everyone stood around us recording with smiles and the balloons were directly infront of us.

I couldnt help but be nervous, my heart was thumping loud enough for me to almost hear and I needed the support so I gave in reaching for his hand. He looked over to me and I looked up to him feeling his hand grasp mine.

"I love you Kentrell."

He turned back instead causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

Sherhonda did the honors popping the balloons and his grip tightened onto mine.

Pink confetti flew all over and at this point I could care less about what happened I let out one of the loudest gasps ive ever had soon turning into a smile once all the kids ran around, Kalyce running to me.

I ran to her aswell jumping into a hug.

"Girl im beyond happy for you, seriously."

I smiled in return looking back.

Kentrell was off with his friends jumping around together, It felt like swallowing a pill but I just turned back to Kalyce not letting go of my smile.

"Thankyou, Im happy for me too."

We nodded and it was all either of us needed.

🙁🙁🙁.