61.

"Im so sorry..." I said quietly, I waited on him to respond and he simply turned his phone off putting it away.

"Uhm..." I got up to go take the cookies out the oven and set them down on the counter, I wouldn't offer any not right now. I thought on what to say for a moment, whether I should be flat out or hold back. Either way I had to say something.

"Uhm...Im really sorry again, I know you werent- well none of us really expected that," I lied, "And I know you've spent alot of time...And you've probably done alot for the both of them."

I thought for a moment before going to pick Kindley up at sat her in my lap, "If it makes you feel any better you're always gonna have your daughter."

He nodded slowy but I could tell he was still upset.

I gave him a moment to himself and began playing with her hair.

I felt awful with no idea what to say and eventually he stood up pulling his pants up, it was no use they just fell right back down but that was besides the point. I couldn't deny that I didn't want him to leave yet but I had to remind myself we were co parenting, I had to remind myself of what we'd been through and how I never wanted something to interfere with our co parenting again.

But I still had to thank him atleast.

"Uhm...Kentrell before you leave I know this might not be on topic but, I just wanna say thankyou for this." He furrowed his eyebrows hearing me say that and I lifted the necklace.

It made him nod, going to pick up Kindleys bag and I stood up holding her out for him to pick her up.

"You know you dont have to buy me these things...Especially being the terms we were on during the time." I came and grabbed a ziplock bag for the cookies....these was finna get ate.

"Ian gone stop doin for you Nique," He came to the counter and I handed it to him.

"It dont matter what we on, I made you quit that job anyway Ian gone leave you like that."

I mean...I had heen moving house to house living under other peoples roofs.

I squinted looking off to the side and he smiled toward me walking his way out backwards, "I know what chu thinkin...Thats why I got you."

"Well what do you mean?" I said following him and held the door.

He looked to Kindley moving her over his shoulder, "Ian gone tell you yet."

"Kentrell really I dont like suprises...This better not be expensive."

"Then you definitely aint gone fuck wit this then," he said and I watched him make his way out before I could say anything. I sighed shaking my head when I saw Kaes car pull up. She widened her eyes to me once she got out trying not to smile and hurried to the door with a few groceries in hand.

"Do you need help?" I asked and she moved past me closing the door, "I sure dont, howd it go?"

I watched her go place them all down on the counter and rolled my eyes, "It went normal...How co parenting should," I said and she poked her lips to the side.

"No really, we're keeping things civil...Plus he has a girlfriend anyways now. You know what happened that night I left wouldn't dare go back." I said coming to help her putting everything away.

"Im not trying to infer anything...But that's what everyyyyone says. Its civil until you want the same thing that got you pregnant in the first place, a babydaddy is always what a boyfriend worries about." She said and I laughed placing things into the fridge.