Future Filler: Smells Like Teen Spirit Pt.2

Somewhere in London, around 8:35...

"Rosh, would you stop looking at yourself in the overhead mirror and focus on the road? You really don't need a rhinoplasty!"

Johnny Bulsara was hunched up in the passenger seat of his sister's silver Toyota Corolla, having at least fifteen minutes left to get to school before the bell rang.

Roshni scowled at her twin brother, and looked back at her aquiline nose in the overhead mirror with scrutiny, "Maybe if you got dad's beak instead of me then I wouldn't be the one getting called Barbara Streisand!"

"Who the hell calls you that?"

"The drama group i'm assigned to, and I don't think it's got anything to do with my singing voice" she answered, her foot pressing the accelerator slightly.

"No offence, but your drama class sounds really bitchy. You should just walk out next time." Johnny stared out the window.

Roshni didn't argue back. She stared ahead, gripping the steering wheel anxiously as she changed the subject, "We'll get lateness merits again"

Roshni enjoyed driving, and even though London traffic was terrible a trip in her and her brother's car would calm her down or distract her like one of her video or computer games, except that it was a real life escape. But when there was a diversion, it always made her mind wander back to her worries. This morning for example there was a traffic jam caused by a road accident a few blocks away, and she couldn't take her mind off of her argument with her dad. As she waited for the traffic to budge, Freddie's hurtful words that shattered her ambitions were replaying in her head. She always knew that he couldn't understand why she liked working with computers and games consoles, but she didn't ever think that he would have such an old-fashioned perspective on her chosen career path.

Johnny on the other hand was at least glad because girlfriend Sarah was doing her internship in one of the tower blocks on the same street that they happened to be stuck on. In fact, the thought put him in such a good mood that he decided to be nice and compliment his twin sister.

"You know Rosh," he began, "With your strong nose, and your black hair all long and straight like that you look like... like toned down version of Mortitia Addams."

Roshni cocked a brow, "Is that meant to be a compliment, or an insult?"

"I mean it in good way."

His sister blushed a little, "Weird, but thanks... you're not so bad yourself, baby face"

"Shut up" Johnny rolled his eyes playfully as she giggled.

At last the traffic in front of them started to move, and Roshni took the hand break off. Johnny reached into his trouser pocket and felt for his silver hoop, and stared into the wing mirror out the window as he put it back into his ear lobe. His group of friends were all going to be wearing theirs when he got to school.

He sparked up more conversation, "What kind of dirty do you think that The Sun did to dad this time?"

Roshni changed into the correct lane, "Hard to say. They probably twisted his words or something"

"Well, whatever it was mum didn't take it very well either," Johnny felt for his rolling papers in his other pocket, "Do you think they wrote about her too?"

The traffic lights above turned red, and the car came to another halt as his sister hesitantly answered, "Maybe she was mentioned at some point..."

"True... I guess we shall find out later" Johnny agreed.

Roshni looked over briefly as he pulled his grey satchel onto his lap and dug through the small outer pocket for his Smint tin box that was hiding is small marijuana stash.