Moving In

Garden lodge 

Monica stood at the large master bedroom window, "I don't think I will ever tire of this place."

"You had the same look on your face when I took you into my home for the first time." Freddie giggled in the background, folding an extra blanket into the hamper at the foot of their bed.

"Oh yes," she continued putting another plastic hook onto the curtain. "It was the first time I'd ever been in the home of a true star."

"And the best bit is that I don't need an interior designer." He remarked, stepping over a few unpacked boxes here and there.

She giggled, "That is true. Look at this place."

"Tell me that it screams my name." He grinned, grabbing her arm.

"Hey!" She laughed as he pulled her into his grip.

He tried to pull her further, but she leaned on her heels to slow him down.

"Come on, you. We've got unpacking to do." She pecked his lips and pushed him away gently.

He groaned and returned to a box at random, "Alright."

"Well, we need a roof over our heads, don't we?" She started plumping the pillows.

"This is our place now." He sat on the bed and lifted the cardboard onto his lap.

She giggled, then glanced at the engagement ring on her left hand.

She felt herself sit down, and exhaled sadly as she thought about how her mum kept asking her over the phone why she and Freddie hadn't arranged anything yet, and all the others who were waiting for a wedding. She too really wanted something to mark their relationship, and it wasn't until she saw the ring on her hand that she was reminded. She didn't want to happen to her what had happened to Mary.

"Oh love, I promise you it'll happen one day." He took her ring hand.

"Have you had any time to think about it at all?" She murmured.

It took him time to hesitantly reply, "Well, I've been so tied up with the two of them... and the album-"

"It won't be called off, will it? I know that you bought it before I knew we were expecting them, and we didn't predict your success after News of the World either... we will keep the option open, won't we?" Her fingers grazed the diamond that symbolised his promise.

"I love you too much to turn back now... so much has gone on since then. We've seen the world together, started a family, found a home..."

"I don't want anything big or extravagant, I just want it down on paper." She laced her hand with his.

He kissed her knuckles, "It'll happen one day, I mean it."

"...I suppose we should continue settling in. Shouldn't we?" She finally said.

"That'd be a good idea." He kissed her head.

He sat up and started rummaging though the box at his feet, and she took a deep breath of relief.

She saw him gently lift out an unusual looking wooden, unvarnished box nestled amongst his clothes.

"Love? What's that in your hands?"

Startled, he dropped it, "Aghhh! Shit!"

He scrambled onto his knees and grabbed the contents scattered at his feet.

She reached down beside him, "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you..."

She trailed off when she saw a lock of brown hair tied together with a familiar beaded detail and ribbon.

Every time you make a moveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें