Flashback filler-meet the parents pt2

Bomi and Jer Bulsara stood in the en suite bathroom doorway, looking back at the half naked couple in the shower, barely noticing the wet black cat shooting past their feet.

Monica glanced to Freddie for answers, her cheeks reddening.

He slowly stood up, "mum, dad... you didn't knock! We didn't hear you open the door either."

"We did. Did we come at a bad time?" His mum asked in her Gujarati accent, much like Fred's voice but much less British. "You did say today, but when we knocked we got no answer so we went looking."

"No! Not at all. No, we were washing Goliath." He grabbed a nearby towel and set it on the floor.

"In your... undergarments?" His dad said, looking at them up and down.

Monica examined at the couple.

Their son was certainly a good mix of the both of them, only both had large rimmed glasses. His dad had his athletic build and strong features. As for his mum, who was much more stout, they shared brown eyes and a smile.

"You see, he brought mud from the garden into the house," Freddie explained, picking his clothes up off the floor. "We wanted to keep the house clean for you both so we had to wash him straight away... and we didn't want to dirty our clothes."

His mum chuckled warmly, "again? You need to keep that cat under control!"

Monica exhaled in relief. "She seems nice" she thought.

"Why don't we wait downstairs and look for the runaway cat?" Jer turned to her husband, linking her arm with his. "Give these two a chance to get themselves dressed."

Freddie threw her a towel, "Thank you mummy, you'll need this. We will be out in a minute."

The woman nodded as her husband went out, then she shut the door after her.

"My god" Freddie groaned, hand flying up to his forehead.

"You call your mum 'mummy'? Honestly it's cute." Monica giggled slightly, forgetting about the humiliation of the awkward situation.

"Well, we never got to see one another for years at a time!" He zipped up his pants.

"I guess your parents got an eyeful for their first encounter." She buttoned her blouse up.

"Not a bad one either." he crooned, smacking her bottom playfully.

"HEY!" She shrieked, hitting him with the towel in her hand.

He laughed, opening the door.

She came after him, "do you think they will like me?"

"Well, you haven't got fangs or three eyes, what's not to like?"

"Yes but will they approve?"

He took her hand, "Monica, I honestly don't see why they wouldn't. They approved of Mary, and not a single peep comes out of her."

"Hmmm... I suppose. It's just they seem old-fashioned and traditional."

"Not mum, she's rather independent." Freddie murmured. "As for my father, he doesn't care as long as I'm well and I'm not running around with empty pockets."

"And you are." She whispered.

"Maybe so, but not with the occupation that he would've hoped. Mum buys every new album though, and used to go to every gig when we were starting out."

"Oh Fred, one day he will see..." she squeezed his hand reassuringly.

He kissed her head, then opened the door knob.