A hairy dilemma-Pt 2

Harrods

"Alright boys, that's enough, thank you very much" The doorman pushed the paparazzi out of the doors as Phoebe ushered his boss and  the family inside.

"If it we're seven years ago that wouldn't have happened" Freddie fussed, taking his aviators off now that they were safe indoors.

Phoebe, after dropping Tiffany off at the local cat groomer, had parked the Garden Lodge Mercedes a few blocks away in a spot which was apparently too easy for the press to spot the rockstar out with his family and assistant, and Freddie was now left flustered after being ambushed by paparazzi on a stifling hot day. Now the four of them were in the closure of Harrods department store, with its warm golden lighting, marble walls, Italian tiles, and surrounded by stands of luxury goods and the sound of soft jazz music playing.

"Can we help you with anything? Would you like a VIP escort?" A young female sales assistant approached.

"We're fine thanks, we're headed for the salon on the fifth floor" Phoebe politely dismissed, grabbing Johnny and Roshni's hands before they could speed off across the ground floor in different directions.

"Yes, well I will let you be on your way" the woman's lipstick smile fell into perplexity when she noticed the crooked brown chunks of hair on the back of Johnny's head.

"The press are going to have a great time talking about child abuse when those pictures of Johnny come out!" Freddie thought to himself, looking at the back of his son's head as they made their way towards the bronze escalators.

"Why did that lady have a school hat?" Roshni pointed at the boater the young lady's head as they stepped onto the escalator.

"Not so loud, that's just part of the lady's work uniform!" Freddie hissed, although he too thought that it was a silly dress code.

"I don't want to get my hair cut!" Johnny stubbornly tugged away from Phoebe who still had a firm grip on him.

People on the opposite escalator going down stared across at the struggling little boy with the odd haircut, and Freddie simply turned crimson.

"But of course Monica left the 'getting their hair done' bit to us" his father trailed off, feeling the eyes of people around.

"She knows how you love shopping" Phoebe chuckled as they climbed onto the next set.

"Yeah, well I won't have time to get much done here" Freddie rolled his eyes.

"Can we look in the toy kingdom after?" Johnny asked, pointing at the level sign on the marble pillar passing by.

"Maybe if you're good" Freddie said exasperated.

"Remember, we have to collect Tiffany from the groomers" Phoebe added.

"My poor Tiffany... that fur is going to take forever to grow back... at least Johnny's can be fixed" Freddie thought, staring into space.

"Are you sure you want me to stand behind you and not in front?" Phoebe leaned close.

"I'm alright standing here, I don't want to stare at your fat arse going up that thing, thank you very much" his boss spat back, climbing onto the next escalator.

"Just a typical day working for Mr Mercury" Phoebe kept his mouth zipped.

Just as they climbed onto the next escalator, a boy and girls' light blue dungaree ensemble in a children's clothing department caught Freddie's eye.

"Oh, Phoebe just look! The little pastel playsuits!" Freddie cooed, pointing at the rail down below, "That would look simply darling on Johnny and Roshni, wouldn't it?!"