Retreat

Roger invited four of the boys and their spouses (if they had any... so far it was only Freddie and John who were taken) to a warm cottage retreat on the Cornish coast overlooking a beautiful, bluewatered cove and on the outskirts of Sennen village. It wasn't far from where he grew up in Truro, and it was big and spacious enough to house several people with a steep garden, a pool, and a private path down to the beach.

"You two get this room," Roger opened the door for Freddie and Monica to another suite with a Queen size bed. "The Deacons have occupied the other big one. It's only fair... but where am I gonna take my one night stands?"

The couple laughed as they carried their bags into the room.

"Isn't this nice?" Monica walked up to the window to look out at the Cornish views.

"Very" Freddie said as Roger shut the door behind him and left.

But something blue and glistening caught her eye as she peered out to the sunny garden below.

"There's a pool?!" She suddenly questioned in shock.

"Oh yes." He said, unfolding some of his clothes. "And a hot tub and everything. It's the English Riviera, my dear."

"Ohh shit..." she murmured as he walked up to join her. "I didn't bring my swimsuit."

He grinned mischievously, "maybe you can skinnydip instead" and she felt him hug her from behind.

"No chance..." she said straightforwardly before trailing off.

"Huh?" He looked over in slight disappointment.

"No chance... in broad daylight." She smirked, and then she felt him smirk back.

"You know, I don't think I remember packing my trunks either." He kissed her neck a little. "perhaps our only option is a little midnight swim."

She giggled, and suddenly there was a knock on their door.

"I'll get it dear," he sighed and pecked her lips before heading towards the door. "Coming!"

It was John, "hey Freddie..."

"Deaky, you alright?"

"Yeah, uhm, you and Monica wouldn't mind doing Veronica and I a small favour, would you?" He twitched his thumbs shyly.

"I don't think so. What is it?" Fred asked.

"Well, her and I were planning to go out for dinner in the village tonight. We-We were hoping you and Monica could watch Robert?"

"Uhh, couldn't Roger or Brian do it?" Freddie said a bit hesitantly, and Monica who heard their conversation walked over to the doorway and held his hand, sensing he needed some reassurance. He wasn't the best at babysitting, he once admitted to her before.

"I asked them... but Brian has to take Roger to the pub and drive him home again," John rolled his eyes. "We'll be home before nine anyway..." he leaned over to Freddie and quietly said, now red-faced, "we're... we're trying for another."

"Oooh!!" Freddie smirked and chortled, secretly hoping she'd say no. "Fair enough so. Monica, love, are you alright with that?"

"We'll do it" Monica smiled at his side.

"Oh thank you." John sighed in relief. "Thank you both."

"It's alright." Freddie patted his back. "You must both be very busy."

"Well, we're leaving at seven," he smiled at ease now, stepping out of the room. "I think that the other two will be leaving at eight."

"No problem, Deaky. You and Veronica go and have a good night... get in the mood for your baby-making."