Ch#44: Not All Wounds Heal

2017_09_18 Monday

His face was as sallow as a dried maple leaf. Mouth dry as hell. Words couldn't come out of his mouth. Mind still drowning in the memory of those life taking events and raising back. Seokjin, with heart exploding from pain, stared at your face, God knew for how long.

You kept your eyes on the figures rushing to their homes across the window. It had got dark. The rain had stopped. Streets had been lightened. God knew for how much longer your gaze would be glued outside when Seokjin's trembling voice pulled you out of your mind destroying thoughts.

"You are the mother of his daughter??"

This question set fire in your soul. Your gaze turned to him at once.

"Mine," You said, "she is MY daughter. How could you call her HIS when he deceived me while she was in my womb and he was unaware of it? And he didn't even try to know that??"

Your eye corners again kindled with the flames of that pain. His eyelashes quivered briefly as he felt the forming gloss burning his eyes too.

And Taehyung, who was playing with his entwined fingers while sitting silently, lifted his head up and turned his gaze from his lap to you and then Seokjin.

"Hyung," He said tapping on his shoulder, "I don't think it's the right time to argue about that." Realizing the changing colors of yours and Seokjin's faces, he winded up the matter. You were about to say something further when your phone started ringing.

Luna's name made your brow knit a little as your glance fell on the screen.

"Yes Luna?!" You said after receiving the call, "what's the matte...."

Before you would complete your question, what she said at the other side blew your mind.

"What??? Where are you now?? Okay I'm coming."

You hung up the call and stood up from your seat abruptly. Both Seokjin and Taehyung saw you haste and worried moves. Before you turned, Seokjin stopped you by grabbing your wrist.

"What happened?" He asked, "why are you so worried?"

That was not a time to sit again and tell another story, only one word coming out of your mouth made them understand everything.

"Mona...."
And that was the end of your sentence, the lump of tears throttled you and he immediately started to head towards the exit of the café.

"Come," He said, leading you and Taehyung to his car.

▼△▼△▼△▼

"What took you so long?" Asked Luna worriedly as soon as she saw you entering the ward.

"Where were you when she fell from the stairs?"
Completely ignoring her question, you burst out with your own counter interrogation and headed to the bed where Mona was sleeping. Her head was bandaged. You sat near her and took her small squishy hand in yours and, placing your lips on the back of her hand, you closed your eyes. Two tears rolled down your cheeks.

Luna let out a sigh and said,

"She wanted to be fed. I took her to your room and went to the kitchen to make porridge for her. While I was mixing the stuff, I heard her crying out of the room. I came out to take her back, but before I could take a step, she tripped and fell from the stairs. I immediately took her to the hospital. The doctor has checked her up. There's one forehead stitch. But she's out of danger."