Ch#35: The Deceiver

What the fuck was that?

His own life was above his mind. First that hotel accident, then Y/N's getting offended on a small matter, and now that legal notice sent by his new born rival Chang Jihyeong. The courts gave him an ultimatum to attend the court and prove within two weeks whether the property on which Jimin claimed was even his, and if he couldn't, then he must hand over all the manor to the real owner and pay the forfeit.

Proving his estate his was not hard if he showed all the stamp papers of his manor to the courts. But here, the big trouble was that his own property documents were missing from his own mansion. And he still was unable to find out the real culprit. With every passing day his depression increased as the deadline for showing up in the courts had come to an end.

It was the fourteenth day since Y/N was offended with him and he couldn't even find time to call her. She was that much angry at him that she didn't even receive his call. He couldn't even call her for one more time as he got stuck with his hotel issue.

Even now he sat in his cabin, instructing his secretary about the reconstruction of that dilapidated mount which once was called hotel.

"The ruins have been removed and the ground has been flattened," Said Shen,
"Our architects are arri-"
His words were left unformed in his mouth when Jimin's phone rang.

His brows furrowed as he glanced at the name on the screen.

Kim Jongin??

"Yeah!?" He spoke up as he stuck the cell phone to his ear.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me the lady is still living in the house??" The voice of Kim Jongin echoed in the tiny speaker. Jimin immediately put a finger at the back speaker of the phone to compress it. He now didn't want anyone to know anything he did. Because he had known the culprit was an insider, and he couldn't give another secret in his hand.

"What house???" A wrinkle appeared on his forehead. What the hell was he talking about??

Jongin heaved loudly in irritation before replying...

"The house which you sold to me, in sector one of Clifton!?"

Jimin put stress on the back of his head, trying hard to remember which house and whose house in Clifton he sold to his friend...

And he felt like any train sirens started shouting in his ears when he recalled everything. In Clifton was Y/N's house, which he fraudulently dealt with his friend. Everything flashed in his mind like a movie.

He couldn't even imagine the long forgotten fraud would show up like this. He had totally forgot about the day when he sent Taehyung to grab her house's passcode. He even forgot about the day when, in the excuse of returning her phone, he called her to the beach and himself sent his men to steal her house's documents. He had forgot that he had made the stamp papers and thought he'd fraudulently make her sign.

A small double storey house was no use to him, but he knew it was all she had. He knew it was the only keepsake her parents left for her. He knew she would end up on road without that house. And that's exactly what he wanted.

But when his qualm started stinging him, he decided to confess his sin before her. But did he have enough guts to do so??

He went on the 1st night of December to return her papers and apologize, but her embrace, her love and the purity of her heart made him mute to form even a single word. He went crazy in the desire to love her more and more, to crave for her, to yearn for her. Her love blinded him from everything but also her love showed him the new paths he had never walked on before. His world changed because of her. She changed him from head to toe.