Ch#49: You Are My Doll

Seeing him in that hoodie, all your doubts got clear. He was the one who stood behind the window, and might have heard you and Seokjin too. If so, he must have seen Seokjin hugging you. But you didn't give a single percent of care to the fact.

Or was it that you were too scared to confess that?

Not wanting to even pass your glance at him, you turned again when his voice caught your feet.

"Sugar!"

And your feet stopped where they were.

Why?

This much fealty?
This much fidelity, that at his one word each pore of your body still obeyed him?

You hated yourself that time for still listening to him. Crossing your arms on chest, you stood still; not even trying to look back at him.

"Sugar, I-"

And words got throttled in his throat. The lump of tears didn't let him say a letter. His eyes burned with the gloss formed right now. Unable to hold onto himself, his feet forwarded in an instinct and he caged you in his arms from behind, leaving you breathless in shock. He dug his face in the crook of your neck and closed his eyes tightly, too desperate to let you go.

Feeling his sobs on the crook of your neck, you bit your lower lip to hold over your emotions. But those rebellious tears boiled out anyway.

"I missed you, sweetheart." He sobbed. How much he had been thinking he would tell you! How he suffered without you! How he searched for you in days and cried for you in nights! But all his lips could describe that moment were only three words. You felt your heart burning at his confession, but before his words would completely melt you in his embrace, you freed yourself from his grip forcefully.

"Why did you come here?"

You asked, stepping distant from him. He was not surprised by your reaction. He knew you would do something exactly like that, for his sin was not that little to be  neglected easily.

"For you," He whispered with a trembling voice, "to take you back."

"No." You turned to him at once, "you've come here to fill poison in my life again." At your venomous tone, his lips parted to say something but he confessed himself wordless.

"But this time I won't become a part of any of your games. Go back to where you've come from."
He looked at you with a heart shattered in thousand pieces.

"Not without you. I'm not going anywhere until you come along."
He said, stepping forward to take your hand in his but you slapped away his hand.

"And even I'm not going anywhere with you."
You turned your face to avoid his guilty gaze which made you feel like your heart was being squeezed in a fist. He came closer_ leaving just a few inches distance between you two, wishing to fill his embrace with you again but this time he couldn't collect the guts to lift his arms.

"But Y/N, our daughter- "

"Don't you dare call her yours," Before he even completed his sentence, you snapped, hissing at him.  "She's only mine. You're nowhere in this relationship."

"Don't say like that. She's as equally mine as she's yours. I've still kept that small note of yours in which you'd told about her. I'm her father."

Looking at Mona with eyes glistening with fatherly love, he said; on which you shook your head abruptly.

"No. You're not. I'm her mother and I'm her father. I've survived the piercing gaze of the world when she was in my womb. I've borne every taunt alone, I've fought with every agony and pain alone. Today, if this entire world stands at one side, it can't pay for the pain you gave me. And you still say she's equally yours?"