Ch#56: I Care For You

Luna didn't know the mistake she committed was going to become her neck snare. She didn't know the moments in which she lived her entire life's delight would bring her pain and regret for God knew how long. She really did want to forget that night like it never was a part of her life as per Seokjin's order, but what was she going to do with the consequence that had made a home in her body?

She knew that the truth of her getting pregnant with Seokjin's child would ruin the lives of many around her, in the list of which Y/N was topmost. She knew Y/N had borne a lot before and would not be able to survive this revelation, but she also knew hiding this reality would also worsen the situations.

For more than a week she hid this fact in her heart, but as the days passed one by one, her guilt increased. Her sleep was flown, her appetite was gone. All she thought was the repercussions of that accident.

Before the fears swallowed her more, she made her mind to talk to Seokjin about it and called him to meet her at a restaurant.

▼△▼△▼△▼

Sometimes just one mistake can make you repent for your whole life. And I was a living proof of that. Perhaps that guilt and agony was going to be with me till my death. The pain of rejection by Y/N was engulfing me. I didn't have the guts to confront her anymore.

It had been more than a month that I didn't visit her, didn't see my daughter. Even though one of my men was keeping an eye on her to give me the report of her each and every action and move; to update me about my daughter, but I wasn't satisfied. But there was nothing I could do. I had fallen from grace in her eyes to the point that thinking about going in front of her made me feel guilty.

The thought and care of Y/N and Mona were on my mind so much that I had forgotten about Seokjin at all. What he did, where he went; I didn't know anything about it. And I didn't even care about that until one day Taehyung told me something very strange.

"Are you sure about that?"
I asked for the confirmation, receiving an obvious answer from him.

"One hundred and fifty percent."

I squinted my eyes at his confidence level.

"Who told you that?"

"Luna herself, but didn't tell me the reason."

I gave him a slow,thoughtful nod with my eyes fixed on an invisible point.

"Something is fishy." I mumbled lowly. Taehyung joined me with a nod.

"Exactly. Now what that fishy is, we need to know."

I passed him a glare before asking.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I thought you knew it already," He furrowed his brows, "And I tried to gather more information but my FBI is slower than yours."

"I'm not a news reporter." I muttered abruptly, "Plus I didn't need to keep Luna's updates. Oh wait....I guess I needed." I scratched the back of my head. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Wow! I thought only I am dumb, but you've proven that you deserve that trophy more than me."

I passed him a death glare at those remarks and said.

"That's my left hand's job."

My inner spy had woken up and now I had to do something to satisfy him. I needed to find out why Seokjin forbade Luna to attend the party. I picked up my phone from the front table and dialled my special spy's number. As soon as he received my call, I gave him some important instructions and hung up the line.