Ch#57: Threats

"Y/N? You? This time?"

With eyes widened out of astonishment, Luna exclaimed as she saw you standing at the door of her suite_ earning a low Hi with a faint smile from you in response. She reflected you the same faint smile and, with a pounding heart, got aside for you to enter.

You went in, giving her small bow of head as a thanks. Taking Mona from your arms, she gestured you to have seat pointing towards the couch. You dug yourself into the couch, followed by her. After you both had adjusted your seats, there came a period of silence between both of you. Your eyes fixated on your entwined hands in your lap and her eyes fixated on your face, trying to read the quandaries plastered on it. You licked your lips nervously, thinking about from where to start and she prayed in her heart for not starting what she had been hiding for more than a month.

"The weather is nice," She spoke up, breaking the ice wall between you two, "You did well by coming here, you know, we would have some refreshment."

You simply watched a fake smile plastering on her lips, thinking how much she had changed_ like, you could apprise from her quivering lashes and stealing gaze that she clearly wanted to get rid of you; that she didn't want to talk about anything that time.

"Uh yes, as you're so busy that you don't even pick my call so I thought I should just come and see you myself." You replied with a tone tinged in sarcasm, making her choke on her own saliva.

It's been more than a month you were trying to contact her by calling her, going to the hospital to see her and visiting her suite too. But none of the efforts showed any result. She hid from you all the time by not picking up your calls, not showing up in the hospital for you and refusing to open her suite door. Most of the times her neighbors would open their doors and tell you that she was not in there, even though she would. On one side, if this behavior of hers disappointed you, on the other side, it also gave birth to many doubts in your head.

What was so suspicious and secret that she even refused to see you?

What did Seokjin tell her that she disconnected herself from you?

Asking these questions from Seokjin would bring no outcome as you had tried it once and all you received was disappointment. Why would he lie to you if he had to tell you the truth?

Keeping all that in mind, you decided to storm on her when she wouldn't expect of it. And tonight, praying in your heart for her to be present at her suite, you raided without telling her that you were coming.

Her face colors changed a little at your taunt. She started running her gaze everywhere but to your face and said.

"Y-you know I'm a little busy these days, and my phone also gets down so-"
She stuttered, trying to present an excuse. Your brows hiked a bit at her answer.

"Constantly stays down?" You questioned, "That much that you can't pick my call even for once?"

She got uneasy at your interrogation. Gulping down her saliva hardly, she adjusted herself in her seat and said.

"No. Listen, Y/N- "

"No, you listen. Seriously tell me, what's wrong?" You squelched her excuse in the midway, "Why are you being like this? What's the matter between you and Seokjin that you are being dubious? If I ask him, he ignores me and here you are constantly running from me."

"Hey hey," She at once put one of her hands on yours and said, "it's nothing like what you are thinking. Everything is absolutely fine with both of us. You are misunderstood."