t h i r t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

"Really!? What for?" I asked.

"They are engaged," Ginny said.

"You don't seem too excited about that,"

"I am. It's just strange," She said.

"Well I think it's fantastic. I remember him telling me about her. I think they make a perfect match," I said as we got to the gates of the chicken pen.  

"Mom, thinks they are rushing into it because You-Know-Who is back," Ginny sassed as she fiddled with the hook on the pen and propped it open. Shoeing all the chicken back as they tried to escape. 

"Love is love," I said as the three of us quickly made our way in.

"That's what I tried to tell her after I spent a day with the two of them but she still hasn't come around. I reckon she will," Ginny said over the sound of the chickens clucking.

"Molly is old school. Girls like Fleur have a reputation. I mean you all remember how infacturated the boys where with the girls from Beauxbaton," Hermione added as I started to throw some food around on the ground for the chickens.

"But Fleur is different. She seems sweet and I for one can't wait to get to know her better," I said.

"So what is going to happen with you and George now?" Ginny asked as she changed the subject.

"What about us?" I giggled as I turned back around towards the two of them.

George's POV

As our game to an end all of us were growing hungry. Fleur had been watching us all play and was growing hungry as well. Fred and I wrangled up the beaters while my father put away the quaffle ball. Before we headed back we locked everything in the storage container. We never really declared a winner when we played but Fred was convinced that him, Bill, and my father won. Ron disagreed greatly. I staggered behind the group just a little as my mind was on Daisy. She never left my mind, I just filled my time with so many things to do that I never had to go deep into thought about it and worry myself into a panic. If only she could see me now. She would think I was a mess. My hair had grown a little longer and I had a little scruff on my face. Fred on the other hand was clean and shaven. 

As we came over the top of the hill the group was all laughing over a joke Fred had said. Everyone soon stopped when Fred jabbed my side. I looked up from the ground and looked at him as he pointed over to the chicken pen. In there was a girl I knew. Her hair was longer as it cascaded over her back. Her face turned to the side a little as she was laughing with Ginny and Hermione. 

She was back. 

Daisy's POV

I turned my head to see where Ginny and Hermione were looking and saw everyone making there way back towards the Burrows. I saw George. My heart started racing as I set down my bucket and went to the gate. Throwing it open as I ran towards his direction. Watching as he pushed past everyone and walked towards me. Just as he was a few inched from me I jumped into his arms. Burying my head into the crook of his neck as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist as I hooked my ankles around his waist. My heart was ready to burst out of my chest as I held him close. 

"I missed you," He finally spoke. 

"I missed you too," I said as I breathed onto his neck. Pulling away to get a look at his face. Letting my hands cup his cheek as I went to put my feet back on the ground. His hands releasing from my waist as we held each others faces. Taking each other in.

"Your hair is longer," I laughed.

"So is yours," He stated.

"And your growing a beard?" I exclaimed.

"Not anymore. No," He stated as his thumbs ran over my cheeks.

"Isn't t'is just the 'appiest thing you've every seen!" I heard Fleurs voice say from behind him.

"Yes," George whispered, "Yes it is." Before letting me go and we stood before everyone else. 

"Welcome back Daisy," Fred said as I walked over to him and wrapped him into a hug.

"Hi Freddie," I said before moving on to Ron and Arthur. Lasting getting to Bill and Fleur.

"Hey Bill, good to see you again," I said as I hugged him.

"You too. Sorry about your dad. He was a great guy," He said as he rubbed my shoulder as we embraced, letting go as I looked over towards Fleur.

"You must be the famous Fleur Delacour. It is so wonderful to finally meet you in person properly this time," I cheered as I pulled her in for a hug. 

"It is great to meet you as well Daisy. George 'as told me lots 'bout you."

"All good things I hope," I laughed as we pulled away from each other turning back to George and sending him a quick wink.

"HEY!" Ginny yelled, "Mom had snacks!" 

"Don't have to tell me twice," Ron said as he pushed past the rest of us as Fred followed. I went to walked with Fleur but George caught my hand and pulled me back towards him as everyone walked away. Feeling my hand be pulled away from my body as I was now being led away by George. Heading behind the little chicken pen house as we were out of sight from everyone. George turned me around. Quickly grabbing my waist as he pushed back again the wood of the pen and connected his lips with mine. My hands sliding up his chest up to his hair as I ran my fingers through it all. 

Our lips moving in sync as if we both forgotten what we felt like. Like we needed each other to breathe. His hands gripping my waist as he pushed my hip harder into the wooden wall behind me. Pressing his body against mine as I. twisted his hair between my fingers. Tugging on it just a little as he deepened the kiss. His tongue gliding against my bottom lip as he waiting for me to let him in. Our tongues fighting for dominace as he slipped one of his hands down to grip my ass as I inhaled sharply. Chuckling into my mouth and he dragged his hand up from my ass and up my back. Lifting my shirt up a little as his fingers touched my bare skin. Tugging at his hair more as he moved his lips began to move down my jawline. 

"George," I moaned out as he found the sweet spot on my neck. Pulling his closer as I could feel him pressing against me. Dropping my hand to his chest as I twisted his shirt in my fist as I let out a loud gasp. Keeping the other hand on the back of his neck as worked his magic.

"Do you know how much I missed you?" He hushed against my neck as he placed light kisses across it. Moving down to my collarbone. Driving me insane as my head fell back a bit on the wood.

"I missed you so much," I gasped as he had found my sweet spot and toyed with it.

"I'm still mad at you," He said between his little light kisses.

"For what?" I asked as I pulled his face back up towards me.

"Not saying goodbye," He said as he leaned down to peck my lips, "leaving me worried about you and wondering where you were."

"Well, I am here now," I said as stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek, "and I am all yours."

"And I am not letting go of you," He said as his arms wrapped around my waist tighter

"Until I have to leave for school," I said as I pushed the hair back that was resting on his forehead.

"Even then I won't let you go," He whispered as he pecked the top of my nose, the tip of my chin, every inch of my cheeks and forehead. 

"Then I guess Fred will have to pry you off of me," I giggled as I place a long kiss on his lips again.

"He won't win. You are never leaving me again you got that Black. You're mine," He said firmly.

"You got it, Weasley," I giggled, "Now we should probably get back to your family before they begin to come up with there own ideas of what we are doing." As I patted his chest and pushed him away from me as he reached down and enterwined his hand with mine as we made our way out from behind the chicken pen. Walking back towards the Burrows were we could see everyone sitting down and eating the snacks Molly had put out. Looking up at George and felt happy.