Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Published: 11/11/2020 - Happy Veteran's Day!

"Alright, Draco," Harry said, preparing himself for this conversation. "This is going to be a rough day. I healed everything that I could without moving you... but it's time to start on your back."

Draco stared at him like the ramp-up seemed unnecessary. Harry was sure that Draco had never felt any serious pain when he worked on him. That was about to change. He had already tasked Joel with analyzing Draco's scan and asked Natalie not to disturb them.

"Listen... you haven't been able to feel your back, hips and legs. They aren't healed all the way. All of that is going to hit you at once."

Draco nodded.

"I'm going to up your pain potion... and... unfortunately, I'll have to put the full Immoblius Charm on your arms and chest, again."

Draco frowned.

"I could... put you under... if you want?"

He shook his head.

"I was going to wait another week... but I don't want to heal anything else until your spine is fixed. Then I won't have to worry about serious damage... more serious damage."

Draco nodded.

"Are you sure... I can try to heal more?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "I've been through worse."

Harry nodded, trying not to react to the fact that he spoke. "I just don't want you to be in pain anymore, and I can't fix your hip first. I have to... manipulate, to get it back. If I Vanish it, it'd take days to regrow, and it would be hell without a pain potion. If we do it this way, then it'll still be a few days, but you can have as much pain potion as you want."

"Stop coddling me... Pottah," Draco drawled.

Harry smiled and sighed. "Still going to insist on that double dose. This is going to be painful."

Draco drunk it when it came and looked a little high but surprisingly quiet. Harry froze him and rotated on his side and held him there, with magic. He was facing the wall, for his comfort, and Harry had to pull the blanket down to cover his back. Harry knew Draco's back wasn't pretty and didn't want Draco to feel self-conscious. He started at the neck and worked his way down. Draco almost purred as Harry had already worked this part of his spine. But Harry knew that it was going to get harder.

When he reached his mid-back, he hit the spot. "Alright, Draco... it's going to get rough from here. I'm sorry, but this is going to hurt."

Draco took a deep breath and braced himself. Harry slowly pushed the disc back in and healed the nerves. Draco sucked in a breath, as he reconnected with his legs. Harry didn't want to draw it out, so he went on, moving from the thoracic to the lumbar discs. It took a few hours. Draco huffed in pain a lot, but whenever he cracked his eyes to check, Draco was just staring at the wall. Harry pushed on, ignoring his own exhaustion and limits. He wanted to finish.

He made it to Draco's tailbone, and then straightened it and repaired the surrounding tissue. He was panting from the effort and could barely keep his eyes open. He ran his hand along his spine, finding a nice straight line. He reinforced the tendons and checked all the cartilage as he could regrow more of it. He found few pinch points and started to ease out the kinks, but now his hands were shaking.

"Harry... that's enough," Draco's smooth voice called.

His heavy eyes opened and he looked at Draco, worried that he had hurt him. Draco's eyes looked fine. Harry was a little confused. "What?"