Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Published: 7/20/22

Draco turned his chair to watch the door open as Harry returned from taking Hugo and Rose to their grandmother's house. Harry was staring at the floor, as he was wont to do, when he was nervous. The kids had been amazing to see. So full of life and innocence that it almost made Draco tear up. He enjoyed meeting them, and though he understood that Harry was putting off this meeting a bit, he wondered if Harry was gauging him in a different way. To see if he could handle kids, but that seemed a bit too direct.

"The kids get there safely?" Draco asked.

"Yeah. They had a good time, Draco. Sorry to spring them on you."

"It was fine. Wonderful, even. They're great kids."

"Sorry, they were a bit overzealous."

Draco felt plenty of bruises forming from when Hugo had been climbing all over him and Rose had sat on him. "Nah, it was worth it to see you turn into a tomato."

Harry blushed furiously, again. "Stop... it's just a game I play with them."

"Kiss the boo-boo to make it better? Yes, Potter. Wizards have been pulling that game on their kids for years," Draco drawled. His mother had, too, even after he knew she was healing it with magic.

Harry nodded. "Sorry that he just blurted it out, though."

"Yes, if only it actually worked in this case," Draco said, smirking.

Harry looked at the floor, again, embarrassed.

"I think you owe me something, Potter," Draco added, making Harry meet his eyes, a bit worried that he meant a kiss. "You missed our weekly body massage appointment, and that quick one earlier did not count."

Harry breathed easier and smirked. "As you wish, your highness."

Draco wheeled over to the bed, activated the lift and managed to pull himself back onto the bed with sure hands. Every day it had gotten easier and his arms stronger. Harry let him position himself on the bed and then worked his muscles slower and more intensely than ever before. Every one of his muscles was kneaded and reenergized with that wild, healing magic of his.

Harry seamlessly transitioned into a leg workout, and all the serenity of the massage was replaced with sweat and exertion as Harry made him push and pull every muscle in a series of exercises. Then he massaged him out again, had him drink some more potions and then started the whole process over again. Harry had never worked him so hard. He said it was to make up for the days off, and that he had no other patients today.

Draco grunted through the pain as he flexed and twisted his muscles. Harry never took it easy, and though Draco didn't understand why he had to move his leg a certain way, he knew Harry was happy every time he managed a complete set.

"Right, let's do more rotations of your ankles, Draco," Harry said, as he massaged the muscles in his feet, loosening them.

This wasn't a particularly hard exercise to do, but it was a little painful, though. Harry would not let him run through it just once or twice. No, he pushed him to go further to the side, listening to the cracking of his ankle bones, then kneading them until they stopped. He had him point his toes backward and forward while doing it, and then several times wiggling his toes. It was hard to do things at the same time.

Just when he started to get angry and frustrated, Harry massaged them again and said, "Alright, inflate your pillows to max, so you're sitting up."

Draco swallowed nervously. He thought that after nearly two full workout sessions, Harry was almost done. Switching to the sitting position meant several more exercises. He still did it, though, as he grumbled under his breath. Harry had already removed the blanket covering him, and he was just in pants, really. He hated how skinny and weak looking his legs were, though they were looking considerably better than when he arrived. He didn't consider them bony anymore. His muscles were coming back, undoubtedly due to Harry's efforts more than his.