Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Published: 6/11/2021

"Merlin... fuck... I don't deserve you," Draco groaned as Harry finished his massage.

"Yeah, you do. How's that cramp?" Harry said, smiling.

"Gone, thank you."

"No problem."

"Alright... spill Harry," Draco said, meeting his eyes.

"What?"

"Whatever you've been neglecting to tell me... ask me."

Harry lowered his eyes. "I didn't mean to keep things from you."

"I know. Tell me about the case, Harry."

Harry slowly took a seat on the rollie stool. He sighed. "The case against the guards is wrapping up. A few were already sentenced, but it's... your parole officer, ex-parole officer, that's the problem."

Draco frowned. "McGrath."

"Yeah... we need more... that's why Hermione is coming. She has... questions for you."

"Questions... like?"

"What happened... how you feel. Unfortunately, we can only get him on misconduct and other  minor charges."

"I'll need to testify?"

"Only for him... yes... unless Hermione can get him to plead for a lesser charge. She might do it, if you're firm about not testifying."

"I don't want to," he admitted. Talking to the head healer was one thing. Being in a room with the Wizengamot members who sent him to hell, was completely different.

"Okay... we'll try to work around it. But... can you talk about it? I mean... without it hurting you?"

Draco nodded. "I'll be fine."

"I don't think that she'll talk about... Azkaban."

Draco nodded, again. "Your boss... said that I have to clear mental health to get released."

Harry lowered his head. "I didn't want you to worry about it. We still have a bit."

He eyed Harry, who seemed determined not to ask the one question that was hanging on his lips. It was no matter. Granger would ask tomorrow, but he turned it to the other topic, which Harry seemed determined to avoid.

"Harry, what did you find at my house?"

His green eyes met his and watered. His lip was trembling. "I... talked to your mum... and dad."

Draco lowered his eyes. He couldn't talk then, even to her painting. He remembered just staring at her, wishing that she would hold him and make all the pain disappear. But she couldn't. She just apologized over and over. His father ignored him for the most part, except for a few veiled comments about how much he had failed him.

"I see."

"Do... you want to talk about it?" Harry whispered.

Draco shrugged, but then said, "What did she say?"

"That she loves you, that she was sorry she didn't wait for you. Your dad had passed and told her that you were... gone, too. She believed him."

He closed his eyes. "I miss her," he admitted.

"I'm so sorry, Draco," Harry said, taking his hand. "I'm sorry she's not here. She loved you... so much."

"I... I think she was why I bothered to stay alive. When I got home and she was gone, there was nothing for me anymore."