Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Published: 11/5/2020 - Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

The next few days went by quickly. Harry had finished the front and started healing Draco's back ribs by slipping his hand under him. Draco enjoyed the magazines, but was both curious and horrified when Harry brought a telly in. It worked off an antenna, so it only got a few channels. Harry had to harass the power of "electricity" to keep it running.

"I'm pretty sure it violates some kind of code of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts, Harry," Natalie said as Draco watched open-mouthed at dirt-bike racing, of all things, on mute.

Harry laughed. "I warded the doors. It glamours out if someone else comes in."

"Here I told my husband that you never break the rules... I'm proud of you," Natalie said as she watched Draco flip the channel to Dr. Who and turned the volume up. He navigated the remote quite well.

"I think that's going to confuse you more, Draco. Most of what is on the telly is make-believe... fantasy, okay?" Harry warned, and Natalie watched, also engrossed. "Um... Nat... do you want me to get one for you, too?"

"Oh... Dennis told me about them... I didn't believe him."

"A telly?" Joel said as he walked in, and Draco didn't even move. "You got him a telly? Now, we are really a muggle hospital."

Joel had been great since the awkward night out. He had even joked about it in front of Draco, to mess with him back, saying how great their date went and if Harry wants to stay over at his place next time. Harry's amusement at Draco's expression covered up his own embarrassment. Harry even talked with Joel more during the day and ate lunch together, now. Joel had managed to get him to eat in the cafeteria once, but it was still stressful.

"Harry doesn't care about breaking the law... or hospital rules," Natalie said.

He gave them both a smile and asked if Joel needed something.

"Hmmm, Ms. Humphrey is back for her check-up. Her grandson came, too."

"Oh... yes. Let's not keep them waiting. I'd say goodbye, Draco, but I don't think that you'd hear me."

Draco nodded, but still watched the telly commercial intently. Harry laughed as he walked out.

"You know there will be no living with him, now. He's addicted," Joel joked.

"He's entertained and learning about muggles. I couldn't think of a better way to do it."

"But seriously, put limits on it. It's amazing at first, but he needs to remain grounded in what's going on in reality."

Harry nodded as they reached the door. "That's probably a good point. I'll give him a few days to get used to it and then go from there."

Joel knocked and opened the door. "Good morning, Elsa."

"Oh, look Zach... it's that darling young man, Joel. He was so nice."

"Nice to meet you, Joel. My grandmum told me very kind things about you," Smith said, with all politeness.

"She's a very nice lady who is easy to talk, too. Are you having any recurring pain, Elsa?"

"Oh... it's almost all gone. I haven't felt this alive in years."

"I think Healer Potter would like to do a check-up? Would that be fine?"

"Oh... of course, Joel."

"Go ahead, do another scan, Joel," Harry ordered and Joel did. They both read it, but Harry said, "Can I see your wrist, again? Looks like some residue arthritis. When you get a new healer, here at St. Mungo's..." Harry said, pointedly to Smith, who nodded. "...make sure he checks on your wrist every time and your hip. Those areas are weak from your previous injuries."