Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Published: March 1, 2021

Harry did as promised and passed out in a drunken stupor. He took another draught of Hangover Potion and remembered to brush his teeth after. He popped over to the hospital and up to Draco's room. Today was going to be difficult. He was already planning on fixing Draco's hip, but how would he bring up what he found? He didn't know, but it was time to fix the last broken bone in Draco's body and free him from the Immoblius Charm.

"Good morning, Draco."

Draco looked at him immediately, "Morning."

"I... want to heal your hip today," Harry started, and Draco nodded. "It's... going to be painful, like your shoulder."

"I figured."

"I have to... put you on your stomach."

Draco swallowed and took carefully controlled breaths. "Okay."

"Maybe I should... I can put you under, Draco. You won't have to feel... me... touching you...."

Draco looked up at him and shook his head.

"You shouldn't have to go through that. I think you should take the potion," he pleaded.

"Would you?" Draco challenged.

Harry grimaced. He couldn't lie to Draco. "Well, I'm stupid. I don't want you to be... hurt."

"I don't want potions," he said. "I don't want to sleep or have my control limited. I'll be alright."

"Well... if you're sure, but... just think about it? Okay? I'm going to have to... touch your skin and be on the table, getting the bones into position. There's been bone regrowth, and it was set wrong."

Draco nodded.

"It will take a bit and hurt," Harry reaffirmed.

"I want to be awake."

"Okay... well... I'll be doing it at the end of the day. But let's get you relaxed."

Harry gave him his daily rub down and then did personal hygiene for him. He messed with Draco and then went on into his appointments. At lunch, he ate in his office, unwilling to give Draco a chance to interrogate him.

"Hiding from Draco, again?" Joel said, from the doorway.

"Yeah...."

"Dare I ask?"

Harry shook his head. Draco didn't give him permission to discuss it with Joel.

"Does it have to do with his house?"

Harry gave him a look.

"I went to Draco's room first. He said that you were avoiding his eyes too much this morning."

"I did go. Draco didn't try to kill himself. McGrath tried to kill him."

Joel blinked. "Wow... umm... damn...."

"Ron and Hermione are having him arrested."

"But Draco... knows that McGrath did that... right? Why would he be upset?"

Harry grimaced. "I talked to his parents' portraits, too."

"That had to be disturbing."

"His father is a heartless bastard who told him repeatedly that he was the bane of the Malfoy family, and his mother killed herself because she couldn't live without Draco. She thought he was gone."

Joel swallowed. "That is very... tragic. But Harry, Draco already knows these things. You're the one who's still processing it."

Harry looked at Joel.