Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Published: 2/14/2021

*TRIGGER WARNING* mentions of sexual assault

Harry decided to recheck the house one more time. He hadn't finished his search of the first floor. Like Hermione, Harry tried to talk to all the portraits who hissed and spat obscenities at him.

"Another interloper! Hark, leave us in peace! We wish to sleep!" a portrait labelled Abraxas Malfoy growled.

"I'm not an interloper. I'm Draco Malfoy's healer! You owe him your allegiance."

"Filthy blood traitor he is!" hissed a witch behind him.

"He's not a blood traitor!" Harry growled.

A third painting jumped in. "Any pureblood that seeks abnormal relationships is blood traitor!"

"You're all mad!" he growled. Then he wondered if Lucius and Narcissa would have portraits, or was that Draco's job to have them made? He followed the wheelchair tracks around the house finally found them in a lounge where Draco's temporary bed was in. It made his heartache a little, thinking that Draco had sought the comfort of his parents. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy's portraits were unbelievably accurate. He lit the candle as the drapes were drawn, and the sun was starting to set.

"Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, do you remember me?" he asked. The portraits were on opposite walls of each other.

Lucius glared at him and hissed, "Of course, Potter. We aren't senile. What are you doing in my house!?"

"I'm helping Draco get better," he explained.

"Draco? You are? Is he okay?" Narcissa asked, very distressed.

"No... but he will be. I'm his healer at St. Mungo's. Tell me, was there a house elf here caring for him?"

"Don't answer him!" Lucius growled.

"Yes. From the temporary elf service!"

"I told you...."

"Shut up, Lucius," Harry spat. He hadn't forgotten what Draco had told him about his father. "Do you know what happened to Draco?"

"We aren't blind either, Potter," Lucius snapped.

"He's crippled... and mute," his mother sobbed, burying her face in her hands.

"My line is broken... if only you could have had more children," Lucius lamented.

"You're the one who couldn't...."

Harry didn't need the portraits fighting. "Hang on. You can argue when I'm gone! But you should know that Draco will be fine. I already healed most of his injuries and he's talking, now."

"He is!" she gasped.

"You did?"

"Yes. I asked him permission to come here. I want to know what happened... do you know about the fall?"

Lucius straightened up. "You know that we are portraits, Potter. We can't be witnesses."

"You can verify what I already suspect."

"There aren't portraits in the attic," Lucius growled.

"Was someone else here? Tell me," Harry urged.

"That man was here... he said many cruel things. I wanted so hard to protect him... but I'm trapped in this...state," she whispered.

"He took Draco upstairs?" Harry pressed.