Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Published: October 27th, 2022

Draco leaned in and hugged Harry tighter, as the emotions ran through him. Salazar, he hadn't felt this... happy... ever. After years, decades, of killing his emotions, it was almost too much to handle. His controls just evaporated. There were no walls up as he trembled from the lack of security his mental barriers had provided. He felt strangely connected to his body, again... whole. Draco didn't know what that meant, but as he hugged Harry... some part of him recognized that he'd never retreat to that pitch in his mind, flying with Harry, again.

"Draco? Are you okay?" Harry whispered but didn't let go.

"Yeah... thank you... for this," he murmured, his voice hoarse.

"You're welcome. But you're shaking. Do you want to sit?"

"No... it's just... a lot to take in, Harry. I didn't believe I'd get... here... I mean... really believed it. That I'd stand, again... that I'd walk. I never thought a lot of things would happen, again," Draco whispered, as his throat was impossibly tight.

Harry gave him another squeeze. "I'm sorry about everything, Draco, but I promise you that you'll walk out of here in a few weeks. You're going to live, again, and get your life back. I'm sorry that it was stolen from you."

Draco buried his face into Harry's shoulder and cried, again. Really, he should be embarrassed by his completely out-of-control crying, but he wasn't. He didn't have to hide it from Harry. He could feel Harry was trembling, too. The emotions were so high, now. He finally pulled back to look at Harry, leaning back onto his legs. Harry let go and released his grip on him slightly. Harry's eyes were wet, and he was staring at him, concerned.

"Thank you, Harry," he said, wanting to do so much more.

Harry nodded, his eyes lowered from the overwhelming emotions. "You're welcome, Draco."

Harry was getting uncomfortable with their closeness, or rather, he was scared of it. Draco knew that intimacy was scary for him, but also he was his patient. Stupid rules. After years of Harry breaking every rule Hogwarts had, now the idiot cared about the rules. But... he was an adult now, and there were consequences for breaking the rules. So they had to follow them.

Draco straightened up more, and Harry let go of his grip. He shuffled slowly backward and lowered his hands to grip the chair's armrests before dropping down. He didn't have to use his muscles as much, so Harry must have discreetly used his magic on him.

"Okay?" Harry asked as Draco settled into his seat.

"Yeah...."

"I used a Lightening Charm on you. If you're wondering why I don't use it more... it's just... it would be best if you got used to your own weight. The charm might stop and you'd crash. It's better not to use it during your recovery and use your own weight."

"Okay, I understand."

Harry took a seat on his rolling stool and looked at him, seriously. "Alright. Now, we have to have another talk about limits. No trying to walk while you're alone, alright?"

Draco smirked at his "stern" face. "Yes, O'master healer of the world."

"Don't you forget it," Harry muttered and looked away, smiling. "It's just... you can fall and have a setback. Please don't."

"I won't, Harry. Calm down. I haven't broken your rules... much."

"You escaped the room and came down to visit me alone."

"That was an emergency."

Harry smirked. "Yeah... sure. Well... do you want another massage? How are you feeling?"