Talk

{Toms POV}

After a few minutes I relaxed. My throat was burning from screaming and my neck was throbbing from whatever was injected in me. My breathing was slow and steady, but to slow for comfort. It was heard for me to keep breathing, my eyes were getting heavy and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.

I felt my eye lids close for the last time when darkness consumed me.

I knew I was asleep. I felt that I was laying down on something comfortable. I heared some static which made me jump at the sudden sound. I used my hand to feel around the surface I was on. I recognized it almost immediately.

With a smile, I opened my eyes and let them adjust. When I could see clearly, I sat up on the couch and looked around the house. If dreaming means I get to sleep on this couch again in the old house then I should look into lucid dreaming.

The house was the way it was the day of the accident. But you know, not destroyed. I looked at the tv and remembered the static. I looked around for the remote. On the coffee table, the side table, in between couch cushions, under the couch, but nothing.

I hugged and just sulked on the couch. Of course, even in my own dream the remote is missing.

I just stared at the tv. I got too lazy to just turn it off, but it was something for me to watch while I was here.

I let myself start to daydream. Heh, daydreaming in a dream.

I didn't daydream of something big, just dreaming that Edd was next to me on the couch holding Ringo, while Matt sat on the mini couch, chair, thingy admiring his reflection. I smiled softly.

Even though it was just right, I knew I was missing a piece of the puzzle. I closed my eyes and envisioned it all. But this time, including Tord sitting on the floor, leaning up against the couch in between Edd and I. I saw myself petting his hair like if he was a cat. He jumped slightly, but relax.

A sigh of calmness escaped my lips. This is perfect. Just how things used to be. I listened to the static, it was nice and kinda quiet. I could practically feel Tords actual hair, hear Matt complimenting himself, Edds small laughs and Ringos soft purrs.

If this isn't heaven then I don't know what is.

So I stayed like that. Call me crazy but this all felt real. And I never want it to end.

After a few moments of just sitting there, I could hear the static getting a bit louder by the minute. I ignored it and focused on the feel of Tords hair.

The static was getting louder and louder. Getting one last good feel of Tords hair, I opened my eyes. They were gone.

I sighed in disappointment. I looked to the tv but it was the same. Nothing had changed. I sulked further into the couch and stared at the tv.

Maybe I should look around. Jehovah knows when I'll get this opportunity again so I might as well take it. I stood up from the couch and decided to start in Matt's old room, the attic, we had stuff from our old adventures so a trip down memory lane should be fun.

I walked towards the stairs and right when I was only a few steps up, the static stopped. I glanced down at the tv and it switched to a colorful screen with a beep that showed no signs of ending soon.