Just a Dream

Tords POV

In just a few weeks, it will be a whole year since the incident. I couldn't get them out of my head, especially Tom.

I sighed and hung my head down. I want to see them again. To make peace or something. Or at least get to hold Tom in my arms once more.

Good thing I'm an inventor! For the past month or so, Paul and I have been working on a dreamanator! I'll be able to enter the dreams of whomever I want, so I plan on paying Tom a visit.

So here I am, standing in front of a ray that may or may not work. But hey, it's for the love of my life. I mean, no! I don't love Tom! I, I love him like my friend! Fæn that was gay.

Paul looked at me from behind the ray with a hesitating look.

"Sir, are you sure you know me to do this?"

"Yes, just do it before I change my mind."

I looked straight forward, and then was met with a bright white light.

I open my eye to darkness. I looked around and didn't see anything. That's odd, but if Tom is alive then I should see something. I walked around until the old house came into view. I peaked inside and saw, myself? I looked in more and saw Tom in chains? The house began to fade away and I stood back.

"You fucking-"

"Oh no! No potty mouthed here!"

That line was terrible. Like, what kind of scrip is that? That's some shitty writing right there. I then saw myself snap, and Tom was suddenly pulled down into the floor.

"Tom!"

The other me looked at me, and vanished. I ran to where Tom was pulled and saw that the ground was now, water? I was able to stand on it, but Tom seemed to be struggling. I didn't know rather or not to leave him until I heard him yell.

"Tord!"

That's it, I reached down into the water until I felt Toms hand. I pulled him out and he was on the ground coughing out his lungs. His hair was all down covering his face, I stepped close to help him.

"Tom-"

Before I could say much, Tom got up and was ready to fight. He was trying to catch his breath but didn't let his stance fall.

"Tom relax-"

"Relax?! You've been in my dreams for over a month now! How the hell am I supposed to relax?!"

Wait, he's been dreaming of me?

I stepped toward him and pushed his hair from his face. His black void for eyes looked up at me.

"What the fuck." He breathed out.

Tom grabbed my face and looked me over. Running his hand over my scared face. I could feel my face start to heat up.

"The fuck, this is the first you've looked like this. Wait!-"

He stepped back a few feet with him arms out really to protect himself.

"What kind of trap is this now!?"

"Trap? Tom I'm here to talk-" I held my arms out to him, but he saw my robotic arm and glared.

"I have no fucking idea why my mind is picturing you like this, but your dead! So why the fuck do you seemed more, i dunno, alive!"

I looked at Tom for a second, processing the words that just came out of his mouth.

I started to laugh. He looked at me like I was insane, but it was too funny!

"Wait, you really thought you killed me?" I said through laughs.

"Uh, yeah? You kinda exploded?"

I couldn't stop laughing.

Toms POV

Okay what the fuck is going on!?

I growled and grabbed that commie by the collar of his, uh, uniform? Whatever.

I pulled him down to my level and he stopped laughing. "Listen here Commie, I have no idea why your here or why this dream is different, but dream or not I'm not going to let you stand here and toy with me!"

I glared at him and he just smiled. I then realized how close our faces were. I blushed and let go of him. He just chuckled and I looked away.

"So, you've been having this dream for awhile now?"

I sighed. "Yeah, but when I'm pulled under water, I wake up soon afterwards."

Tord seemed to be thinking when I felt myself growing weak. My eyes started to flutter and Tord took notice.

"Looks like your waking up."

Tords POV

As Toms eyes fluttered, he faded away and the world started to shake. Gotta get out of here before he fully wakes up. I pulled out a remote from my pocket and pushed a button. A flash of white light later I was back in the lab. I looked at Paul and he was asleep. What time is it.

I looked at the built in clock in my arm and saw that it was now 6 in the morning. So that would mean it's 5 for Tom. Since when does he wake up that early?

I shrugged it off and walked over to Paul. Didn't seem like I was gone long, guess time goes by fast in dreams. I poked Paul.

"Paul, wake up."

I kept poking him until he grunted. He lifted his head and when he saw me he stood up straight like he wasn't just sleeping.

"Sir! How was it?"

"It was interesting, go ahead and take the day off and rest."

I walked out of the lab to my office. So, Tom is still alive. I smiled and got to work.

Toms POV

I woke up to seeing Matt over me with a worried face. He handed me my hearing aids and as I was adjusting them he looked at me.

"Tom are you alright?"

Once I had them on, I looked at him with a questionable look. "Uh, yeah?"

"Are you sure? Because you were mumbling in your sleep about, Tord."

I tensed up hearing his name.

Matt took notice and put a hand on my shoulder. "You know Tom, we need to talk about him sooner or later."

I sighed and got up to get ready for work. "Maybe later."

I grabbed my suit and went into the bathroom, it was nothing special, just a dark blue button up shirt and black dress slacks. I tucked in my shirt and bruised my hair. I then out of a black tie and black dress shoes. I know, so much black, but it looks good enough.

I looked at my hand and unwrapped it. I looked at the cut, still pretty red, but I'll manage. I didn't leave the bathroom yet, remembering the blood and how it was relaxing, I smiled. I walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. Edd and Matt were already eating and if I started now I'd be late.

"Hey guys, I'll take my breakfast to go or else I'll be late."

I grabbed a container and dumped my breakfast in, I grabbed my keys and wallet and left without another word. I worked earlier times than the guys, so I had to leave two hours before them. But it worked out because then they got to do whatever in the two hours they had before work.

I caught the bus and took my seat. I started to think about last night. He felt so real. Thinking about his laugh made my heart flutter. But, does that mean he's still alive? And would that be a good or bad thing?

Guess I'll never know.