Confusing

I felt myself waking up. I was in a bit of pain, but nothing I couldn't bare. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw that Edd and Matt where there asleep. I smiled slightly to myself, sat myself up and looked around the room. Was I in a hospital? I saw that my arm had needles in it, connected to Jehovah knows what.

I looked at what seemed to be a heart monitor and realized I hadn't heard it. Now that I thought about, I don't hear anything. Maybe this one is quiet, they make those, right? There doesn't seem to be anything else in the room that could make noise so I just laid back and looked at my friends. Damn, guess the only harm the two had altogether was Matt's black eye.

A few minutes had passed and I was fucking bored. I closed my eyes and tried to take a nap, if I heard someone moving then I'll get up, but until then I'm just gonna try and sleep.

I shifted over in the hospital bed but couldn't get comfortable. If only I could be in my own bed, oh wait, I can't. I sighed, at least I think I did. I didn't hear it but I'm probably just too tired to hear it. My mind started to wander off, I started to think about when me and the guys would go out and do random shit, which was all the time. As I thought more and more about all the fun times, Tord crept into my mind.

That Commie bastard.

The fuck? I can't tell if I'm just high due to drugs I might be on, but I could've sworn that I said that out loud. A whisper at most, but I didn't even hear the words come out of my own mouth, I only felt the movement of my lips and the vibration in my throat. Maybe I am on drugs? I shook the thought out of my mind and tried to focus on good things, like when I get out of here. Feeling my breathing steady helped me relax a bit until I felt something on my right hand.

My eyes shot open and I slightly jumped, pulling my arm back in the process. I looked up to see what touched me and saw Edd looking at me, surprised. I could see Matt still fast asleep behind Edd until he just suddenly jumped out and fell to the ground. Edd slightly jumped and looked back at Matt.

The fuck is going on?

Matt's head popped up and started to smile like crazy. Edd seemed to sigh, and looked at me with a smile. I was going to speak until Edd started to move his lips. Matt joined in on this and the two seemed to understand each other. Did I miss some kind of game of hush puppies or something?

What are you guys saying?

I still couldn't hear myself. The two looked at me a little confused until they looked off to the side, I looked over and say that a man in a white coat walked in. He looked down to the ground then back at Edd and Matt. He seemed to be talking to them while they seemed to be, defending themselves? The man then bent down and pulling up something I was attached too. How did I not notice? It probably fell when I pulled my arm back, but why didn't I hear it fall? That's probably what made Matt jump.

He then walked over to my side and started to move his lips. I guess I gave him a face because he looked at me a little confused and continued to move his lips.

What are you saying.

He looked to Edd and Matt, I couldn't see if he was moving his lips but Edd and Matt expressions turned to, horrified? Worried? What was going on? Why couldn't I hear?! For the love of Jehovah someone better tell me what's going on! They all quickly looked back at me and seemed to try and calm me down. The man then looked back at them, I guess he told them to leave because they glanced at each other, and waved to me before walking out of the room.

I waved to them as the door closed. The hell is going on!? I swear I'm gonna need lots of Smirnoff after this.

The man walked closer to me, he moved his lips again and I just started at him. He then brought up his hands and began to use, sign language? I looked closely to his hands but only knew 'Hi', I know, I suck at sign language, but at least I knew that.

I signed back 'hi' and he smiled. I felt myself smile back, finally understanding something.

He walked over to a counter and picked up a clipboard and pen. I saw him writing something down, he then turned it over for me to read.

"Can you hear me?"

I shook my head no.

He started writing again.

"Would you be alright with taking a few tests?"

I nodded in agreement. He put the clipboard down and walked to my right arm, and began pulling the needles out, he then did the same to my left arm. Once my arms were clear, I stretched them out into the arm and looked back at the man, or Doctor, I guess.

He picked his clipboard back up and walked to the door. He held it open for me and I walked out. Outside the room Edd and Matt were there waiting. When they saw me, they jumped up and went in for a hug. I'm not a fan of hugs or any sort of human contact, but shit I think I needed one. Before we could even get close to hugging, the doctor out his arm out between us and shook his head. I guess he was explaining something to them because Edd nodded in agreement, looking disappointed.

The doctor turned back to me and motioned for me to follow. I nodded and looked at my friends, I gave them a reassuring smile and walked off.

He led me to what seemed like a changing room. He handed me some sort of thin ass blackest and began to write.

"Change out of the hospital gown, wrap this blanket around you and I will be back in 10 minutes."

I nodded and he left the room. There was a chair and a mirror, I looked at myself and saw that I looked like a mess. My hair was all out of place, it looked as if I'd been buried alive. I got out of the hospital gown and wrapped the blanket around my waist. Wait, do I have to be fully covered? Eh, should've been more specific. I turned around to face the door, but took one last look at myself in the mirror. Shit, I really was fucked up. I saw scratches all over my torso and arms, I was bruised all over the place, and I had a massive wound on the upper part of my left arm. Bloody hell. Seeing my body like this, I began to feel self conscious. I ended up wrapping myself entirely with the blanket.

I sat on the chair for a few minutes when the doctor came back. I should really try and know his name. He motioned for me to follow, and I did, to a room that had this large X-ray thing you see on tv.

They put me in and the rest was pretty boring, the rest of the test were just to see if I could hear something but I failed those pretty quickly. Once the tests were done, I changed back to the hospital gown and got to go back to the hospital bed. Yay. Although this time when I got there, Edd and Matt were already there. They smiled at me and we all looked to the doctor. He gave a slight nod and I was almost tackled to the ground. Edd and Matt were squeezing the life outta me, causing pain due to the cuts and bruises, but I didn't care. My head with just under Edds chin, while Matt was practically bent over just to be at my height. Being the shortest is a pain in the ass, but right now, it didn't matter.