Hearing

Toms POV

I walked out of the bedroom and saw Edd and Matt getting ready. When they heard me come in, they smiled.

"Morning Tom! Didn't need us to wake you huh."

I shrugged and gave Matt and soft smile. Edd put a plate of scrambled eyes in front of me.

"Hope you slept well, remember your appointment is at 10 so don't be late."

"Yes mom I'll be there."

Edd gave me a playful glare and I gave an innocent smile. He rolled his eyes and got his things. Matt followed him to the front door and they both waved goodbye to me. As per usual, I cleaned up after breakfast and fed Ringo. I still had three hours till the appointment so I decided to take a quick shower.

I went into the bathroom and turned on the water to harm up. I took my hoodie and shirt off and placed them on the sink. I turned around and looked in the mirror. I traced the scars on my torso and became gloomy with every second I looked. I tore my gaze from the mirror and finished undressing, I got in and started to think.

In just two months, it will be a full year with the Tord gone. Can't believe it's already been that long. I started to think about all the good times we had, you know, before all the fights and arguing because surprisingly, there were a lot of good times.

I was approaching the school when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked back and saw the devil himself.

"Morning Norsk, what's up?"

Tord smiled and stood by my side. "Nothing much, just hoping to get a nap in."

Tord stretched and yawned, I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "You know, you wouldn't be so tried if you just slept more at night."

"No way! I'm a night owl! Plus it's much more quiet at night!"

I continued to hear Tord whining as we made our way to class. For someone built like a soldier, he sure whines like a toddler.

I felt myself smiling. I let out a small laugh and finished my shower. I got dressed and brushed my hair up. I looked at myself in the mirror and huffed. Just need my keys and wallet and I'm good to go.

I walked into the kitchen and made sure Ringo had enough food. I walked to the door and waved to her.

Later Ringo!

I walked out and locked the door. I left the building and decided to walk. After a few minutes of walking, I arrived at the hospital. I signed in and just waited. It was only 9:20, but growing up we'd always go early so that if someone were available, we could get called in sooner.

So I took my phone out and just scrolled through social media. I followed a lot of music pages and couldn't wait to hear music again. Out of everything I've missed hearing, music of at the top of my list. Once I'm able to hear imma blast music all day and play Susan all night! After a few minutes, a nurse came up to me, "Excuse me, are you Thomas Roseweld?"

I nodded. She smiled at me. "Alright then it you would please follow me."

I stood up, putting my phone into my pocket. We passed a few rooms and arrive at one near the back. She sat me down at one of the chairs.

"Alright, Dr. Liam will be with you shortly."

"Thank you."

Once she left the room, I was starting to get excited. So much that I've missed, I can hear it all again! Only being able to hear my thoughts was driving me crazy, but now, I'd be able to communicate with anyone no problem. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I took it out and saw a message from my coworker friends, Marianna and Jason were pretty cool, they knew sign language so they were the few people I can talk too. I can't wait until I get to hear them.

I opened the message and saw that they both were just sending stickers back and fourth in our group chat. I don't normally use group chats, so I sent a bacon with sunglasses and turned off my phone. That should throw them off guard.

I saw the door open for the corner of my eye and I looked over to see Dr. Liam.

"Good to see you again Thomas, now tell me, have you been feeling any pain?"

I shook my head no.

"Great, now I'm assuming you want to hurry on and get your hearing aid correct?"

"Yes please, I've been waiting all morning and can't wait to hear again."

Dr. Liam smiled and took out a small case from his coat.

"Now, before I help you set these up, there still are a few things you won't be able to do. Speakers will mess a little with your hearing aids, so you'll hear a bit of high pitched sounds, so make sure that when you use anything like that to turn the sound down on your hearing aid and you'll be just fine. Try not to get them wet and clean them constantly. As for power, you'll have to buy batteries once they run out, I'll give you the size in your papers."

I nodded impatiently, I just wanted to be able to hear again. He walked over to me and began attaching them to my ears, it felt weird and cold having them, but it's worth it.

I was so focus on hearing that when a sudden high pitch sound erupted in both my ears I was understandably caught off guard. I felt myself grunt and covered my ears. Once the sound died down, I looked over to Dr. Liam and he smiled.

"Can you hear me, Thomas?"

I widened my eyes. I let out small shaky laughs and smiled so wide. I heard footsteps outside of the door along with phones going off. I let out a small laugh and looked at him.

"Loud and clear."

Helpजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें