Loose Monster

{Tords POV}

The three of us decided to split up as to not draw attention to ourselves. Because Liam was still new and Pat didn't trust either of us on our own we paired up. Pat went around the back while Liam and I found a hole in one of the side fences. We crawled through fairly easily and no one seemed to noticed us appear out of no where.

I remain calm but I could see that Liam was trying to not seem out of place. I had to nudge him a few times in order to get him to not act weird.

The plan was to keep in Pats sight so that he could be prepared to help us out. We were just walking around when I noticed a few guys start running through the halls. I glanced around and noticed everyone was on edge.

We continued to make our way to the building until someone ran into me. He looked at me, frightened, and quickly looked around.

"What are you doing!? Come on hurry before the commander gets here!"

He grabbed into Liam and I and dragged us over to a group of other soldiers.

I shook my arm from his grasp and he looked at me dead in the eyes.

"What are you doing!?"

I inhaled and kept calm.

"What's going on? We just got back from a supply run."

He glanced at Liam and nodded in agreement.

He let go of him and exhaled a shaky breath.

"Something from the lab escaped a few minutes ago and we've been told to keep it from escaping, but that thing has already KILLED some of our men! I don't know what's gotten into the leader but the last guy to try and shot that- that MONSTER down the leader shot him instead!"

I made a shocked expression while Liam displayed a real one.

"Really? What did this, 'monster' look like?"

"No idea, but I don't wanna find out. Just stay near the gates and pray to whatever god there is you don't come face to face with it."

He ran off and I turned to Liam with eyes widened.

"Liam we have to find Tom. Now."

I turned sharply and speed walked into the building while he hesitantly followed.

"What! What if that monster is in there!"

I shock my head and kept going."

He was talking and trying to get me to turn back but I just kept going forward as other soldiers ran past us.

"Sir! You have to consider the fact that we could DIE! You'll be leaving behind a whole army!"

I ignored him.

"Sir you have to consider that Tom could already be dea-"

I sharply turned to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I glared into his soul and spoke in a low voice.

"He's not weak. I know his still alive."

I dropped him and continued on.

With the talk of the mister and how vicious it was, this was gonna be hard to deal with.