Old Prank

So I have a new story idea so sorry if something doesn't make sense I have to many ideas floating in my mind.

No ones POV

As the doctors turned on the tank full of sleeping gas, Tord and Tom said goodbye before the operation.

"Are you sure you still want to do this? I can get someone else to test them."

Tord held Toms hand tightly, not wanted him to go. Tom simply shook his head and gave Tords hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll be fine. Besides, if it means possibly seeing again, then I'll take it because this week has been hell not being able to see."

Tord sighed but did not let go of Toms hand, neither confessing they both enjoyed the comfort.

Once the doctors were ready, they had Tord bring him in and set Tom down on the operation table. Tom could feel Tord not letting go so he spoke out to him.

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

Being around others, Tord put up a front. "I know that. These are highly trained doctors, you wouldn't be here if I didn't have my upmost faith in them." He let go of Toms hand and held them behind his back.

Tom rolled his eyes, hoping that Tord saw, which he did. "Whatever you say Commie."

The doctors rolled him away and Tord watched as they took him away. Once he was alone, he sighed and retreated to his office. He had lots of paper work to do to make up for Toms work.

So there he sat. Writing non stop while trying to not think about Tom. He had a walkie talkie right next to him to make sure he knew when Tom was up, he couldn't wait to see him.

{Tords POV}

I was finally starting to get into the rhythm of my work when I heard a beep from my walkie talkie. I jumped at the sudden noise and held it close to my face.

"Hey Tord! Come to my room I want to show you something!"

Oh. I slumped in my chair. It's just Edd. Well, I haven't hung out with him and Matt for awhile, guess this could be fun.

"I will be right there."

I straightened my papers and stood from my seat. I put my walkie talkie in my pocket and made my way to Edds room. When I got there, Matt was there to open the door and let me in.

"Hey Matt. What's this about?"

"Don't worry about it! Just come in!"

He shut the door behind me and raced to Edds bed. Edd was already in the bed with a box next to him. They excitedly patted the bed and I sat next to them.

"What's this about?"

Edd picked up the box and held it out to me. "Look what I found in my stuff!"

I took the box with caution and placed it on my lap. I stared at it before looking up at Edd and Matt. They were smiling like crazy.

I hesitantly took the lid off and looked inside.

"No way!"

I bursted into laughter. I grabbed a photograph from inside the box and examined it. I forgot all about it.

"Where did you find it?" I asked through laughter.

"We found it near the bottom of some boxes we had!"

I took a deep breath and calmed down. I smiled while looking down at the photograph.

I remember this night so well.