Aftermath

Tords POV

After Tom left, I excitedly rushed to my bed and looked under. I saw a gift bag and pulled it out. I opened it and was surprised to see a hentai hoodie.

I love it.

I smiled. Knowing Tom it must've been so hard for him to buy. I put it on and it fit just right. I sniffed it and felt my nose about to bleed.

I picked up the bag to store it when I saw there was a small pin at the bottom. I grabbed it and chuckled when I saw the design. Toms really something. I put the bag away and put the pin on my nightstand. About 20 minutes passed and I wasn't tired since I don't normally sleep this early, so why not bug Tom!

I turned sharply to face the door when I stepped on something and fell face first on the floor.

"The fuck!-"

I sat up and looked to see what I stepped on and saw a bottle of alcohol. That's odd, I don't even like this stuff. I shrugged it off and placed it on the table. I left the room and soon reached Toms door. I knocked and shoved my hands in my pockets while I waited.

A minute or two passed and no answer. Could he already be asleep? In that case, he must've taken off his hearing aids. I knocked one more time before going in. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside.

I couldn't see much other than what was being lit up by the light coming through the door. I opened it a little wider and saw a few pieces of clothing on the ground.

"Tom?"

I felt around the wall for a light switch and flicked it on. Once I could see, I saw that Tom wasn't here. His bed was a mess and so was his room in general. There was a god awful smell in the air and it took me a second to identify it.

Alcohol.

How did he have alcohol if he rarely left the base? I glance over to the side of his bed and sure enough, empty bottles.

I was going to leave but I heard footsteps coming down the hall. Normally I wouldn't care, but they were followed after Toms voice.

I closed the door and looked around. Think Tord, think!

His voice and footsteps were right outside the door so I turned the lights off and dived under his bed. I peaked my head out a little to see.

The door opened and I saw someone walk in. They seemed to be off balance because they were practically tripping over themselves getting to the table. I assumed it was Tom because of the height and figure, but I couldn't see shit without the lights. I heard a bottle being slammed down on the table and saw that he sat down at the table. I could only see his silhouette, but I could clearly see him slam his head down on the table.

He started to mumble random shit that I couldn't hear, I fought the erge to just come out and ask what's wrong. A few minutes passed and he kept his head down, but the mumbling stopped. I didn't want to risk it so I stayed until I heard sniffles coming from his direction.

My vision had adjusted to the dark enough for me to see that he took his visors off and was wiping tears from his face. He took a drink from the bottle and continued to wipe his eyes.

Now was my chance. He couldn't see and I could easily leave, but I couldn't move. I couldn't just leave him like this.

"I know, but I just can't."

Who is he talking to? I guess he must be on the phone because he stayed silent before talking again.

"Don't I know. If I do then, things could end badly, ya know?"

What could end badly? Is he in some kind of trouble? He remain silent for a bit of a long time before hanging up. He sighed and continued to wipe his eyes. He got up and walked carefully across the room to his closet. Now was my chance.

I rolled out from under the bed and got to the door. I turned the knob as quietly as I could and opened the door. Before stepping out I took one last look at Tom. He was looking for something in his closet. I smiled to myself and left the room, closing the door as quietly as I could.

While I was walking back to my room, I couldn't help but wonder why Tom was upset.

Was it something I said?

{Toms POV 15 minutes earlier}

"-Happy birthday Commie."

I closed the door behind me and let out a huff of air. I checked my messages and saw that Pat was already waiting for me.

I went down to the main entrance and went outside. I went back to the tree near the fence and met up with Pat.

"Tom! So why did you need more alcohol at this hour?"

I sighed and grabbed chocolates from my vest.

"Just need to clear my head."

We traded our things and I turned to leave.

"You know Tom, I think your drinking is getting bad."

I shrugged.

"If you need someone to talk to you can just talk to me. You know that, right?"

I nodded with my back still towards him. I turned to him and sat down under one of the trees. Pat did the same and I popped open my bottle. I took a sip and turned to him.

"Pat what am I going to do?"

Pat fiddled with the chocolate wrapper. "About..?"

"Tord."

"Oh- WAIT DID YOU TELL HIM?!"

"What- Pat no. Again, that's gay."

"Oh. Then what is it?"

I took a big sip before continuing. "Pat, I think I- no. I-" I felt tears forming in my eyes. "I don't know what to do. I like him and all but things are still a bit tense between us. How the hell can I have a chance with him!? He rans a whole fucking army and I'm just the drunken friend!"

At this point I was full on crying. My voice was shaky and so were my hands. If it weren't for the visors tears would've been everywhere.

"Whoa calm down Tom. Don't worry everything's going to be alright."

He pulled me into a hug and I continued to cry. A few minutes passed and I was starting to calm down.

"You know Tom, bottling up your emotions isn't good. Just tell Tord how you feel, I'm sure he'll feel the same way."

I sniffed and shook my head. "How do you know? He could easily turn me down."

"Oh um, *dont tell him Edd told you. Don't tell him Edd told you. Don't tell him Edd told you. Don't tell him Edd-*"

"Pat, you alright?"

"EDD DIDNT TELL ME!"

I jumped a little at the sudden outburst. I sat back against the tree and laughed.

"What? Didn't tell you what?"

"Uh, nothing!"

Pat was now red of embarrassment. I chuckled and grabbed my bottle and stood up. I put a hand on Pats shoulder and smiled.

"Thanks Pat."

"Anytime, hey call me once you get near your room, we're gonna keep talking until you feel better, alright?"

"Alright."